Bellicheat was a bad bad boy

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
And Goodell covered it up

Belichick has been taping since 2000, Goodell tells Specter - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Belichick has been taping since 2000, Goodell tells Specter

Belichick has been taping since 2000, Goodell tells Specter
td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }By LAURIE KELLMAN, Associated Press Writer
February 13, 2008 WASHINGTON (AP) -- Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

From a Rams fan point of view, I think they should strip them of that Superbowl as well. :(

Why just that one? I personally think everything should be called into question, and Goodell is a) taking this way too lightly or b) covering it up on purpose to save his league...

Why just that one? I personally think everything should be called into question, and Goodell is a) taking this way too lightly or b) covering it up on purpose to save his league...

Yep.....wonder why Goodell would hide this? UNLESS of course, he has a whole bunch of OTHER coaches doing the same thing....

He would hide it because Kraft is one of the league's most powerful men and two the anointed "greatest team ever" has been outed as frauds. The coach is no genius, just a cheat.

I would be willing to bet that all teams do this, not just the Patriots.

It happens in baseball when someone on second base steals a pitch sign.

Probably covering to save the league, and you're right. I am just selfish because of the pre-superbowl tape that was supposedly taped of the Rams.

Strip New England of their NFL franchise? I know it sounds extreme, but I guarantee that others would not do it again. :D

And a bunch of people are drug dealers, Does not mean that they are not doing something Illegal. Just they haven't been caught yet.

And if they do get caught then same punishment for them. You have to draw the line somewhere and set a punishment teams will actually care enough to obey the rules.

Let's get congress involved. Cheating is bad. We don't won't to send the message to the youngsters that cheating will be tolerated. Who cares about Clemens, let's bring down the Pats.

You have to get congress involved because the NFL owns a Monopoly exemption. If the game is being presented in a way that breaks that monopoly exemption then congress has a right to revoke it.

Do some anti-trust busting.

Same with why Congress is involved with the whole steroid thing.

DING, DING, DING! We have a winner. Don Pardo, tell us what are lucky contestant wins...
Big deal, someone was stealing signals. Why do you think everybody covers their mouths when they're calling the plays from the sidelines? Actually I find it hilarious in baseball, when they have a conference on the mound, and everybody is talking through their mitts, and then the coach comes out and speaks in plain view of everyone. This is such a nonissue to me. My Lions must be really bad at covering their signals, because the defense always seems to know whats coming.

Exactly, Would there be as big of a brouhaha if Miami was caught taping? No! Also remember that Goodell's only been the Commish since mid-2006. How would he know this, unless he was filled in by his predecessor? Of course, there could be another source for the tip and then this debacle turns into a Clemens styled mess. My thoughts are that every team gets away with something along this vein. I would be shocked if they don't. Of course most of the the sports forum junkies love a good ole conspiracy. Everything's a conspiracy you know. :rolleyes:

Baserunners or coaches stealing signs is not against the rules; it just goes against one of those so-called "unwritten" rules of baseball. Surreptitiously filming coaches defensive signals is against NFL rules. Big difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts