Bellicheat was a bad bad boy

See you make the most important point about the "everybody else was doing it" defense when you say they only caught the Pats and then follow it up with this?

All 53 men on the Pats were ordered to tank and not one of them will speak up about it? oh please.

The bottom line is this sucks all the way around. Its sucks if youre a Pats fan it sucks if youre a fan of the teams that played the Pats in the Super Bowls. It casts doubt across the board and questions the integrity of the sport.

The tapes were damaging and did contain "bad stuff" in there otherwise they wouldnt have been destroyed.

Lest we forget the Pats were punished already! Many consider it the harshest fine in the NFL yet. Whether or not you agree with that is another story.

Why are we arguing over the same thing. The Pats broke the rules, the Pats were punished for it. What more it there?
The United States Congress needs to get involved because of what? The Pats were punished already!

So when an umpire or ref of a sporting event makes a bad call Im gonna what? call my senator and order an ivestigation on why the call wen that way?

Belicheck cheated he was caught and he and the team was punished.

But we live in a society that LOVES to tear things down. Now look what we do, once we catch the Pats, we question the Cowboys championships, and what any game that KC played in when Jimmy came into league?

The world is stomping on us and laughing at us and our government is worried about HGH and spygate.

That was for the Jets game. Not the rest, which he was trying to sweep under the carpet.

THAT, highlighted is why they are making a big deal. NOW MORE info has come out an he has to be punished for the new allegations, if proved to be true.

Look, do I think everyone cheats with this spying thing? YES! Should we start taking games/victories away? NO! But I DO think they should make a HUGE example of the New England Patriots and their coaching staff?? YES!
Why? Because it seems that MORE and MORE info comes out almost every month....it's almost getting to the point that the Pats don't give a sh** about rules and they spit in the face of the NFL because ".....rules??!! we don neet no stinking rules.....!!" LMAO!

THAT, highlighted is why they are making a big deal. NOW MORE info has come out an he has to be punished for the new allegations, if proved to be true.

Look, do I think everyone cheats with this spying thing? YES! Should we start taking games/victories away? NO! But I DO think they should make a HUGE example of the New England Patriots and their coaching staff?? YES!
Why? Because it seems that MORE and MORE info comes out almost every month....it's almost getting to the point that the Pats don't give a sh** about rules and they spit in the face of the NFL because ".....rules??!! we don neet no stinking rules.....!!" LMAO!

Then me and you are in complete agreement, and if it was my team the Rams being caught I would be the first one here calling for a lynching.

If an example is not set then the teams will go 750 thousand bah we pay more for a 3rd year vet than that and keep cheating.

Have to really crack heads early to get it through to everyone else that this is in-excusable behavior. :)

Who else got caught? Everyone runs stops signs too. Does that mean we shouldnt write tickets for it? The punishment the Pats recieved was appropriate for maybe this season of cheating but certainly not for the multiple years which has been proven. It needs to be far more severe.

Then me and you are in complete agreement, and if it was my team the Rams being caught I would be the first one here calling for a lynching.

If an example is not set then the teams will go 750 thousand bah we pay more for a 3rd year vet than that and keep cheating.

Have to really crack heads early to get it through to everyone else that this is in-excusable behavior. :)

PRO FOOTBALL: NOTEBOOK; Brady Says Ankle Is Fine - New York Times

"Halfway through practice, Patriots' linebackers coach Pepper Johnson noticed something in a third-floor window of a house next to the field.

Club and league officials said a telescope was clearly visible in the window, according to a pool report, and that 15 minutes later, a person appeared at the window, and then vanished."

Let the "lynching" begin!

BTW, nice choice of words:rolleyes:

PRO FOOTBALL: NOTEBOOK; Brady Says Ankle Is Fine - New York Times

"Halfway through practice, Patriots' linebackers coach Pepper Johnson noticed something in a third-floor window of a house next to the field.

Club and league officials said a telescope was clearly visible in the window, according to a pool report, and that 15 minutes later, a person appeared at the window, and then vanished."

Let the "lynching" begin!

BTW, nice choice of words:rolleyes:

Sure, If they cheated drag them out an prosecute them as well. :)

No team should be above the law. :up

Throw the entire superbowl out or give it a nice big * by it.

Fine both teams and threaten to take their franchises away. Its the only thing the owners will listen to.

You're all caught up in the media hype. It was by no means the biggest loss in history. Try Super Bowl III, or Greg Norman at the 1995 U.S. Open, Or the ball between Buckner's legs in the World Series. Granted, it was big, but not the biggest. IMHO Norman's was the biggest choke/loss ever.
In my opionion it was the biggest loss in football history. They were heavily favored. If they win they would be considered the best team EVER. They had a chance for imortality and the gagged.

I would be willing to bet that all teams do this, not just the Patriots.

It happens in baseball when someone on second base steals a pitch sign.

NOT THE SAME THING! Not even close.

You're all caught up in the media hype. It was by no means the biggest loss in history. Try Super Bowl III, or Greg Norman at the 1995 U.S. Open, Or the ball between Buckner's legs in the World Series. Granted, it was big, but not the biggest. IMHO Norman's was the biggest choke/loss ever.

Buckner had NOTHING to do with the Red Sox losing that game, or the Series, for that matter. If you want to blame any one person, try Bob Stanley.

You really think the Giants won that game straight up? You don't think it was unusual that the best O line in football forgot how to block and the best coaching staff forgot how to leave tight ends in and backs to chip block? And this all occured as an investigation was announced. IMO, Kraft and Goodall ordered the Pats to lose to hopefully get the heat off of them. They knew the jig was up and they knew Spector was gonna hang them even higher if the Pats won again.

You can't be that much of a moron, can you?

I agree that the Pats should be punished and they were punished. Not just for the five minutes of the Jets game which was taped and never used. They were punished for all of the tapes that were turned over to the league.

I dont care if other teams are doing it or not. The Pats should be punished and were punished. If you think Belichick should be banned then fine lets argue you that.

My point is when do we go nuts about Specter and Congress wasting their time with this crap.
When do we start impeaching idiots for wasting time on sports and not the demise of the US!

By the way all this talk about evidence?

At some point will someone let me know when a crime has been committed. Maybe Im naive but I didnt realise there was a crime here.

You are completely right. They were ONLY punished for the Jets incident. It is time Goodell spilled the beans about everything!

Nothing? Talk about a selective memory.

The baseball went through Bill Buckner's legs in game 6 of the 1986 World Series, allowing the New York Mets to go on to win the championship. With the Mets one strike away from defeat (losing 5-3 in the bottom of the tenth inning), Gary Carter and Kevin Mitchell singled. Then Ray Knight singled to make the score 5-4. Up came the Mets speedy centerfielder, Mookie Wilson. Down to his last strike, he fouled off pitch after pitch. After Bob Stanley threw a wild pitch, tying the score, Wilson hit a bounding ball up the first line, a routine play. But, as first baseman Buckner waited for the ball to come up, it stayed down, skipping under his legs. Ray Knight scored, the Mets had the game, and soon after, the series.
black_box.gif

Buckner had NOTHING to do with the Red Sox losing that game, or the Series, for that matter. If you want to blame any one person, try Bob Stanley.

Nothing? Talk about a selective memory.

The baseball went through Bill Buckner's legs in game 6 of the 1986 World Series, allowing the New York Mets to go on to win the championship. With the Mets one strike away from defeat (losing 5-3 in the bottom of the tenth inning), Gary Carter and Kevin Mitchell singled. Then Ray Knight singled to make the score 5-4. Up came the Mets speedy centerfielder, Mookie Wilson. Down to his last strike, he fouled off pitch after pitch. After Bob Stanley threw a wild pitch, tying the score, Wilson hit a bounding ball up the first line, a routine play. But, as first baseman Buckner waited for the ball to come up, it stayed down, skipping under his legs. Ray Knight scored, the Mets had the game, and soon after, the series.
black_box.gif

Talk about lack of comprehension skills! You said it yourself, AFTER BOB STANLEY THREW A WILD PITCH TYING THE SCORE, Wilson..... What if Stanley hadn't thrown that wild pitch? Hmmmmmm. Do you still want to blame Buckner?

Yes, because Buckner's blunder LOST the game and eventually the series for the Sox. I thought we were talking about biggest "losses' not biggest "ties". Talk about lack of comprehension. ;)

Talk about lack of comprehension skills! You said it yourself, AFTER BOB STANLEY THREW A WILD PITCH TYING THE SCORE, Wilson..... What if Stanley hadn't thrown that wild pitch? Hmmmmmm. Do you still want to blame Buckner?

I agree that the Pats should be punished and they were punished. Not just for the five minutes of the Jets game which was taped and never used. They were punished for all of the tapes that were turned over to the league.

False. The facts that have come out show that Goodell handed out the punishment BEFORE the league reviewed the tapes. Originally, we were led to believe that the tapes covered just a few games. Now, it comes out that the tapes and notes covered several YEARS worth of games, and that it was discovered that the cheating had gone on ever since Belichek took over the Patriots.

I dont care if other teams are doing it or not. The Pats should be punished and were punished. If you think Belichick should be banned then fine lets argue you that.

My point is when do we go nuts about Specter and Congress wasting their time with this crap. When do we start impeaching idiots for wasting time on sports and not the demise of the US!

The NFL has an anti-trust exemption granted by the federal government.
That is a HUGE break for that professional sports league, that has enabled them to rake in BILLIONS of dollars. The paying consumer has a right to know that this business is above-board, and that he is getting what he pays for. If the government did not step in and police this, who would?

Yes, because Buckner's blunder LOST the game and eventually the series for the Sox. I thought we were talking about biggest "losses' not biggest "ties". Talk about lack of comprehension. ;)

You don't know much about baseball, do you? You are saying if Buckner had fielded that ball cleanly, he would have definitely beaten Wilson to first? Sorry, I don't accept that as gospel. Also, Buckner never should have been in the game at that point anyway. With those two bad ankles, he was an error waiting to happen. How about Marty Barrett, striking out to end the game? He only struck out 31 times that year!

I love it when people assume "facts" about people they don't even know ... :) I don't care about "what-ifs" or managerial decisions. I saw the game. Wilson would have been out. My baseball bud from Boston was with me watching the game when the ball was hit. He was jumping up in celebration, that is until Buckner booted the ball. I'm sure you Sox fans are tired of hearing about Buckner, but history is what it is.

By the way, here's a list of Sports Biggest Chokes as selected by ESPN's expert panel. See who's number 1? I know, I know ... you know more than ESPN's expert panel ;)
(To be clear, I'm quite sure this was before this year's Superbowl).

ESPN25: BIGGEST CHOKES OF THE LAST 25 YEARS BIGGEST CHOKES
As selected by ESPN25's Expert Panel and ESPN.com SportsNation users

1. Bill Buckner in 1986 World Series 1. Bill Buckner in 1986 World Series 2. Houston Oilers in 1992 NFL playoffs 2. Houston Oilers in 1992 NFL playoffs 3. Greg Norman in 1996 Masters 3. Chris Webber in 1993 NCAA Champ. 4. Jean Van de Velde in 1999 British Open 4. Jean Van de Velde in 1999 British Open 5. Chicago Cubs in 2003 NLCS 5. Chicago Cubs in 2003 NLCS 6. California Angels in 1986 ALCS 6. Greg Norman in 1996 Masters 7. New York Giants in 2002 playoffs 7. New York Giants in 2002 playoffs 8. O'Brien fails to qualify for Olympics 8. T'Blazers in 2000 West. Conf. Finals 9. Miami football blows 31-0 halftime lead 9. California Angels in 1986 ALCS 10. Brown's errant pass in '82 NCAA Champ. 10. O'Brien fails to qualify for Olympics 11. Chris Webber in 1993 NCAA Champ. 11. Minnesota Vikings in 1998 NFC Champ. 12. Roberto Duran "no mas" vs. Sugar Ray 12. Miami football blows 31-0 halftime lead 13. LSU hoops blows 31-pt. lead vs. UK 13. Mike Tyson bites Holyfield's ear 14. Curtis Strange in 1995 Ryder Cup 14. California Angels lose '95 Division title 15. T'Blazers in 2000 West. Conf. Finals 15. LSU hoops blows 31-pt. lead vs. UK 16. Scott Hoch in 1989 Masters 16. Kings in '02 West. Conf. Finals 17. Mike Tyson bites Holyfield's ear 17. Chicago Cubs in 1984 NLCS 18. Kings in '02 West. Conf. Finals 18. Brown's errant pass in '82 NCAA Champ. 19. California Angels lose '95 Division title 19. Roberto Duran "no mas" vs. Sugar Ray 20. Toronto Blue Jays lose '87 Division title 20. Greg Norman in 1986 Masters 21. Sheehan in '90 U.S. Women's Open 21. Curtis Strange in 1995 Ryder Cup 22. Greg Norman in 1986 Masters 22. Toronto Blue Jays lose '87 Division title 23. Vikings in 1998 NFC Championship 23. Scott Hoch in 1989 Masters 24. Chicago Cubs in 1984 NLCS 24. Dan Jansen in 1992 Winter Olympics 25. Dan Jansen in 1992 Winter Olympics 25. Sheehan in '90 U.S. Women's Open

You don't know much about baseball, do you? You are saying if Buckner had fielded that ball cleanly, he would have definitely beaten Wilson to first? Sorry, I don't accept that as gospel. Also, Buckner never should have been in the game at that point anyway. With those two bad ankles, he was an error waiting to happen. How about Marty Barrett, striking out to end the game? He only struck out 31 times that year!

This was up there with the yankees recent collapse which was IMO the greatest choke job of all time up 3-0 in the WS against Boston.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts