Ben Stien "Troops Were Snubbed..."

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
T2k said:
Despite your opinion shows like Sopranos, Sex and The City Rome and similar HBO productions are far the most popular ones, with sex, vulgarity or violence.

It's the *story*, that's what missing. BTW this year we had unusually good movies nominated to Oscar: Crash was actually a great story (though a bit too "glazed" for my taste), Brokeback Mountain was OK, Capote was great (though a bit slow), Good Night and Good Luck was OK (though misses a real drama).

Your almost right. Yes the Sopranos is the most popular show with vulgarity, violence etc... But as the Nielson Media ratings show for cable productions the list is here: http://www.nielsenmedia.com/nc/port...toid=9e4df9669fa14010VgnVCM100000880a260aRCRD
There are only 5.4 million people watching the Sopranos, (I am one of them). That's a far cry from breaking into the top 10 of Broadcasted television. Rome is only 2.5 millions. There are more XM radio subscribers than those watching these shows. And HBO has 21 million subscribers.

Sex and the City, does not even make Nielson Media's Syndication list, shows like Seinfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond do. And Wheel of fortune and Jeopardy are at the top of that list. What does that tell you what MAJORITY of Americans are watching? Here is that list: http://www.nielsenmedia.com/nc/port...toid=9e4df9669fa14010VgnVCM100000880a260aRCRD

Let's please keep from calling each other names in this thread. There really is not need to do that... just give your opinions or debate on the subject at hand. :)

T2k said:
Despite your opinion shows like Sopranos, Sex and The City Rome and similar HBO productions are far the most popular ones, with sex, vulgarity or violence.

It's the *story*, that's what missing. BTW this year we had unusually good movies nominated to Oscar: Crash was actually a great story (though a bit too "glazed" for my taste), Brokeback Mountain was OK, Capote was great (though a bit slow), Good Night and Good Luck was OK (though misses a real drama).

your choice in movies says volumes about your politics. brokeback mountain, capote.:rolleyes:

vurbano said:
Can someone tell me how to use the ignore function on the Communist T2K ?? Talk about polluting a thread.
:rolleyes:

Click on his name, view his profile, then on the right side of the screen click on add to your ignore list. Trust me vurbano, works like a charm. :D

I want to ignore him (T2K), but on the other hand, I am afraid I will miss something funny, so I don't know what to do.:confused:

joedekock said:
Me too! :) Just kiddin... I can handle a little T2K every now and again! :D

I could handle a little too, but I have a history with him so it's a lot which is too much. :)

If he wanted to have a discussion that would be one thing, but he doesn't. He has the same MO that never varies. If you disagree with him he will:

1. Insult you.
2. Talk about his superior European education and how you don't know anything because you were educated in the US.
3. Insult you again.

No Thanks-don't need it! :D

damn I haven't hear walmart express concern for the troops, what a bunch of crap. I guess walmart just wants us to lose. Incidently, I didn't hear Merck, PFE, any of the major oil companies, the Carlyle group, and of course PNAC express any concern.

In fact I haven't seen this administration express any real concern because if they were concerned they would have sent enough troops in the first place, given them adequate body armour, and had an actual objective

Hey when was the last time the idiots watching American Idol even thought about the troops

Ben Stein pushed us to get into Iraq and he is trying to justify his position. We are in the middle of a civil war, and a lot more Americans, and Iraqii civilians will be killed before we leave. If Ben Stein is so concerned he should encourage his grand kids to enlist. Oh yeah a bumper sticker means a hell of a lot. The best way to support our troops instead of sacrificing them for big oil.

There was a reason why Bush Senior didn't try to occupy Iraq, or invade them

jeslevine said:
damn I haven't hear walmart express concern for the troops, what a bunch of crap. I guess walmart just wants us to lose. Incidently, I didn't hear Merck, PFE, any of the major oil companies, the Carlyle group, and of course PNAC express any concern.

In fact I haven't seen this administration express any real concern because if they were concerned they would have sent enough troops in the first place, given them adequate body armour, and had an actual objective

Hey when was the last time the idiots watching American Idol even thought about the troops

No... and they have not made any political statement peroid. Use your head.

Respectfully, they have made the biggest statement of all

joedekock said:
No... and they have not made any political statement peroid. Use your head.
Halliburton, Kellog and Brown and others supplying inferior equipment, and ripping off the U.S. tax payer

Actions speak louder than words

This was the same crap that happened during Viet Nam

jeslevine said:

Ben Stein pushed us to get into Iraq and he is trying to justify his position. We are in the middle of a civil war, and a lot more Americans, and Iraqii civilians will be killed before we leave. If Ben Stein is so concerned he should encourage his grand kids to enlist. Oh yeah a bumper sticker means a hell of a lot. The best way to support our troops instead of sacrificing them for big oil.

dude,

ever heard of DESERT STORM/DESERT SHIELD? we DID invade iraq, where have you been?

jeslevine said:
Halliburton, Kellog and Brown and others supplying inferior equipment, and ripping off the U.S. tax payer

Actions speak louder than words

This was the same crap that happened during Viet Nam

i know you hate HALLIBURTON. but there is only one other company on the face of the earth that can move this much eq and supplies this fast. and keep the supply chain moving, guess what they are french! SCREW EM!

jeslevine said:
We are in the middle of a civil war, and a lot more Americans, and Iraqii civilians will be killed before we leave.

We are not in a civil war in spite of what the media says. But in any case, if we leave now the terrorists win. After all, it is a stated policy of Bin Laden to just wait and let the media do their job and America will run. We have to draw a line somewhere. And no, I am not a veteran but I have had a brother and a nephew in Iraq so that should give me some rights.

As for Bush senior, he didn't stay in Iraq and get the job done because he listened to the UN. Now we are over there cleaning up the mess. Actually, that's how I feel about this whole war on terror-we can do it now or do it later but unfortunately it has to be done!

you have no idea where I am coming from

dragon002 said:
i know you hate HALLIBURTON. but there is only one other company on the face of the earth that can move this much eq and supplies this fast. and keep the supply chain moving, guess what they are french! SCREW EM!

In fact I am heavily loading in oils and energy since 2001. The future generations are going to pay for this. It won't be my problem.

This is a repeat of a bad movie

That has nothing to do with what the media says

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
We are not in a civil war in spite of what the media says. But in any case, if we leave now the terrorists win. After all, it is a stated policy of Bin Laden to just wait and let the media do their job and America will run. We have to draw a line somewhere. And no, I am not a veteran but I have had a brother and a nephew in Iraq so that should give me some rights.

As for Bush senior, he didn't stay in Iraq and get the job done because he listened to the UN. Now we are over there cleaning up the mess. Actually, that's how I feel about this whole war on terror-we can do it now or do it later but unfortunately it has to be done!

I have colleages whose kids are over there, and I have friends who have been wounded. I am an American, and today have as much right to say and think what I want. Believe what you want, you have every right to drink the Kool Aide. I have been there and done that already

Bush senior knew what he was doing. You think this isn't a civil war, even the Shiite government is saying it is.

Eventually the Shia majority will control all of Iraq, unite with Iran, and then we will have created the instability that bush senior knew to avoid

There is a reason why Schwarkoff(sic), Murtha, and most every other vetern who went through Nam knows why we are screwed

PNAC pushed us in this war, and thats what you get when you listen to the PNACers who never fought in a war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts