Benefits of the easturn ARC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

broadcasttheworld

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Thanks to Scotts review of the eastern arc we know pretty much that if you have a 2 dish setup now with 110/119/129/61.5 there is really no reason to upgrade from a PQ perspective. However having that setup in Ohio I never lose 61.5 in a storm only the others "61.5" is the wingdish. Are the eastern arc satellites more powerful then the others mentioned above? Since these birds are higher in the sky does that make them closer to the east from a distance perspective? Would this help with Rain fade?

Actually, yes they are closer. But the big improvement in rain fade is simply the higher elevation angle itself. Less atmosphere (and water) between you and the satellite.

Thanks to Scotts review of the eastern arc we know pretty much that if you have a 2 dish setup now with 110/119/129/61.5 there is really no reason to upgrade from a PQ perspective. However having that setup in Ohio I never lose 61.5 in a storm only the others "61.5" is the wingdish. Are the eastern arc satellites more powerful then the others mentioned above? Since these birds are higher in the sky does that make them closer to the east from a distance perspective? Would this help with Rain fade?

IMO, the only "benefit" a person in Ohio would gain is the one dish solution and a 3rd DPP port (assuming you have a 2 dish, 2 DPP solution). From what I've seen, the signal level on the 72.7 is about 10 points LOWER than the 110/119 combo (averaging 62 versus mid to high 70s)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)