BEST 3D LED TV

For full array LED backlight and Sony processing, it's a steal. 1/2 the price of the 55XBR8 that was sold in 08 and 09.:D

The Sony's reportedly have a problem with 3d ghosting if you even have moderate head tilt while viewing.

Samsung's were rated pretty good, although I personally went with a Samsung Plasma.

So some good comments but no rating on LG and some others, but haven't seen these setup yet.

The Sony's reportedly have a problem with 3d ghosting if you even have moderate head tilt while viewing.

Samsung's were rated pretty good, although I personally went with a Samsung Plasma.

So some good comments but no rating on LG and some others, but haven't seen these setup yet.

I've done my best to duplicate this phenomonym. Have not been able to do so at anything less than 120 degrees off axis to the emitter (try this with your brand). I think some folks have emitters not parallel to their screen.:D

I've done my best to duplicate this phenomonym. Have not been able to do so at anything less than 120 degrees off axis to the emitter (try this with your brand). I think some folks have emitters not parallel to their screen.:D

120 off axis? that would be behind the set or perhaps with your back to the set. The problem described in several reviews is head tilt, and they claimed even moderate. I did see it in a brief look at a SonyStyle store on one set that was setup. Perhaps its not all models.

HDTV Magazine - HDTV Expert - Sony 3D TV: Unwatchable!

Yesterday I saw the Panasonic offering in a dark HT setting and the plasma PQ was stunning! I haven't seen any of the others yet in a HT setting, only in bright store lights. I can see why Scott chose the plasma now.

3D

Any LCD 3D TV will suffer from the same problems that plague 2D LCDs - motion blur, limited viewing angles, etc. It's the inherent nature of LCDs. Plasma is DEFINITELY the way to go. And they cost less, as well ! :D

120 off axis? that would be behind the set or perhaps with your back to the set. The problem described in several reviews is head tilt, and they claimed even moderate. I did see it in a brief look at a SonyStyle store on one set that was setup. Perhaps its not all models.

HDTV Magazine - HDTV Expert - Sony 3D TV: Unwatchable!

Sorry about the terminology. It should read 120 degrees viewing angle, not off axis. I know what the reviews say. On 5 different models, I haven't been able to duplicate the issue. Have not had an issue on motion blur on any the Sony's 240Hz sets. The big advantage for me for the Sony is the ability to watch 2D as 3D.:D

Started my research on 3D TV's and absent a good 3D projector, I've settled in pretty much on the Samsung UN65C8000.

I think the choice for BEST 3D TV has much to do with each individual and how they will use it. Mine has to be positioned behind an electric roll down screen and I only have 1 1/2" clearance to the wall, so I'm definitly looking for the thinist one out there. I'm also not too keen on reducing my picture area from my 92" wide FP screen. But, cost is also an issue and I can't afford the really huge screens. But I have saved the money for a $5000 budget to buy now.

My use will be mostly daylight viewing so the benefits of Plasma over LED LCD become negligible. Most of the use will be daylight viewing of non-3D anyway. Haven't found a Plasma that is thin enough to meet that requirement.

So, all things considering I am now shopping price for a Samsung UN65C8000. MSRP $5999.00

The rub is that the same feature set model in 55" is only $2200 right now. So, I'm having a tough time deciding if paying 2.7 times as much is worth the extra size. On one hand I'm saying I should just go for it, on the other I think I could get used to 55", save the money for a 3D projector in 2 years and still have the daytime screen behind the FP screen. Either way, unless a Black Friday sale comes along, I'll probably hold out until end of January to see what happens at CES and Superbowl sales.

Then, if I really want to save money and sacrifice size, BJ's already have coupons for Samsung 50" with 2 pair of glasses and a BluRay player for $1399.

Don,

The JVC RS40/X3 should be out within the next two weeks and is within the $5,000 budget. MSRP $4,499. Keep a projector.

S~

teachsac said:
Don,

The JVC RS40/X3 should be out within the next two weeks and is within the $5,000 budget. MSRP $4,499. Keep a projector.

S~

I check that out! I still need a panel tv but now I may just go for the 50" bargain and save the bulk of the money for the PJ.

Thanks for the tip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)