Best Actuator Controller

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I just bought 1.8M C-band Dish from WSI international. Which device is best to use in moving/controlling an Actuator? Any advice on the cables, wires and operation of the entire setup will be highly appreciated.

I just bought 1.8M C-band Dish from WSI international. Which device is best to use in moving/controlling an Actuator? Any advice on the cables, wires and operation of the entire setup will be highly appreciated.

A vbox from wsi will do the job very well.I bought satellite cable for my set up but there cheaper cables for the job!Im sure others from here will let you know.

If its not a real long distance to your dish, direct burial sprinkler cable will work just fine for the control wiring ( sensor & motor) . I bought a GBOX from Sadoun, and I'm really happy with it so far ( 2 days in service ). :)

Yup, I used low voltage direct burial cable (the kind for landscape lighting) for about a 80' run and it works without a hiccup. There not much amperage needing to be carried through. I used the heavier gauge of the two that were available.
Its only moving a 6' dish though but it'll do a bigger dish no problem.

I have both the V and G Boxes...I agree with crackt. Go with the gbox.

A vbox from wsi will do the job very well.I bought satellite cable for my set up but there cheaper cables for the job!Im sure others from here will let you know.
They're out of stock I was told.

I second what is above. I just motorized my 7' dish yesterday using vbox-x, sprinkler timer cable, and the PMA24 actuator from WSI. For some reason the SV360 receiver sees west as east and vice versa regardless of what I do, but otherwise I am extremely happy with this setup with a little over a 100' run. The whole process took about an hour including mounting the actuator, running the wire (on the surface for now), hooking up to the vbox, and testing.

Now to get the 6' dish from WSI assembled so I can do it all over again for the kid's room. ;-)

Right, the 4 wire sprinkler cable works well.

For mine, though, I put a junction box near my dish and wire nutted stranded, flexible cable to the ends and went with that to the motor. I just figured I didn't want my solid wire sprinkler cable breaking after moving the dish a lot.

Probably I overdid it, but it works without a hitch.

I used a Superjack to move my first big dish before I got my Birdview with HH motor. A 6 foot dish could be moved I think with a pretty small actuator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts