Best Actuator opinions, which one to buy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
Hi, I may buy a new actuator for my c band setup. I would like to ask opinions on what is the better of the 2. I have priced new and some are priced more than what I want to put out.
And also I do not know if I should get a 18" or 24" or which I need.
I have a 7.5 mesh dish. my area in usa is -85.20 I would like to get as many sats as I can so does it make a difference if I get the 18 or 24?
Also I will be using a gbox to move it. Just coolsat receiver at this time.
I have priced Harl and TA24 I do not know which is better but both fall into my price range. thanks for any input and information

If it was me I'd go with the 24" but that going to depend on your budget. The 24 should give you more range in the dish movement, may not be much, but ever inch helps plus it may also be slightly heavier in construction.

I have 2, 71/2 mash dishes both with the 24" actuators .

Go with the 24"

thanks for the insights, I had 3 dishes to pick from, I picked the lightest one I had. I would like the one with more east west range but isnt there a place going east if you live east of the mississippi that it will flop over? or is it with the 24" it will go further to the east before that happens. thanks again

I would like the one with more east west range but isnt there a place going east if you live east of the mississippi that it will flop over? or is it with the 24" it will go further to the east before that happens. thanks again

Good question ,glad you asked because I'm also interested in the answer.

I believe that 40.5 west -139.0 west is doable with the 24" , I'm also east of the Mississippi.

Let's throw the question back to LAK7 and TVROPRO , from the back of the C-band dish what side did you mount the actuator on ?

Did you setup limits on both the East and West ?

My actuator is on the west side of the dish, which is recommended for east of the Mississippi. I can see from beyond 143 west to 40 east, then I hit my garage roof. If the garage wasn't there I may be able to go even further east. My east and west limits are set in my receiver.

Motor on West Side here, I'm also East of the Mississippi
139 to 45 for me.
I have my East set set both ways, in the controller and switch in motor.
I set the Motor's Limit "after" a run away Dish. :)

By coincidence, my actuator just gave out. It was a HTS 24" and only lasted 15 years on a 10 foot unimesh in the cool climate of the Arizona desert. I know...cheap piece of junk. I've been checking out the various offerings. Probably end up getting a new one from those goofy Sadoun guys.

Tvropro: Thanks for the info on the Motek.

The Thompson Saginaw is a great arm. I had one installed for 19 years which the brushes went bad in. Im replacing the brushes soon so I have a spare. The only problem with the ball screw design is it has some end play in it that the acme nut don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)