Status
Please reply by conversation.

pdnettles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Garland, Tx
Hey Guys,

Whadda 'ya think is the best analog Receiver out there? Want to pick up both C & Ku. I have an ORB 7500 now & need to get another one, so I'm looking for some input. :)

Thanks,

PD

I used a few of them like some of the Monterey models and I liked them, buddys of mine had other models and were very happy with them. Toshiba, Drake, GI also had some great IRD's but I think the best analog pictures was from the chapparal, yes there are one or two that were not great but I am not sure of the model, and there was a few that were the best out there.

Yes the 4dtv would be best, because he will get both c/ku Analog and DCII, all the free stuff and if he wants to sub to something he will have the ability, I would go for that if I was him.

orb-7500

I just bought a new orb-7500 which I believe is really a uniden marketed under the orb name. This is a very nice well built receiver that performs very well. It has a Videocipher slot for the VC-2 RS module if you want to sub to c-band analog pay channels. I do now have a videocipher module. It has a UHF remote that has really long range and plenty of outputs for about any install configuration. I use it for analog feed hunting, and there are plenty of them. I will not name them but believe me, they are there.

I would recomend this receiver. www.eyeinthesky.net sells them very cheap new in the box.

oljim said:
Drake 1824
i dont have the 1824, but i do have a 1724 and the manual i have covers both of them. There are some advantages for the 1824 (mainly for audio) and if you can find one cheap i would pick one up. Having said that, i really like my drake 1724, but would trade it in a heartbeat for a 922 ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.