Best avr setting for stereo tv channels

I use Logic 7 to decode the stereo or Dolby surround channels. Most of the channels I listen to are doing Dolby Surround so Logic 7 does a great job with it. I have a Directv system with Dolby Digital turned off in the audio settings. That has worked best for me in most of my TV watching. For some reason I just prefer the sound it gives me with my system.

I did some more reading, and that is the consensus as well. It just doesnt sound right in stereo mode, a good center really makes the stereo sound better. For some reason, my local Fox is all Stereo on Dish, sucks.

My local NBC is the same way through Dish and OTA. In my case I believe it is because they are running NBC in 720p instead of 1080i like NBC is supposed to be on 25.1 as well as CW in 720p on a subchannel 25.2. All my NBC shows come through as DD 2.0. I think they must not have enough bandwidth to run two HD feeds with 5.1 sound so they leave everything in stereo.

I run all my Dish HD DD 2.0 channels like MLB Network and my NBC and the SD PCM stereo channels with the PLII setting on my receiver. There are also THX and DTS options for turning a 2.0 source into 5.1 on my receiver but I haven't messed with them much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)