Best Burger?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stevenl

SatelliteGuys Master
Jan 2, 2006
Disney World
I think hardees does a good job, with their thick burger perfect fast food hamburger. and who would forget those little yummy Krystals (whitecastle for you yanks)

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
What are the constraints? Just saw something on TV about some $5k burger with Kobe beef, white truffles and Foi Gras.

Fast food?
Sit down family?
Fine dining?

National chain? Regional?

stevenl

SatelliteGuys Master
Jan 2, 2006
Disney World
What are the constraints? Just saw something on TV about some $5k burger with Kobe beef, white truffles and Foi Gras.

Fast food?
Sit down family?
Fine dining?

National chain? Regional?

Let your heart decide. lets do this maybe

Fast Food:
National chain:
Local:
Sit Down:
mom and pop:

hows that.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Another non-PIT topic,these belong in the Chit Chat area!

BUT - HOMEMADE rules all; price and taste! I home grind my own selections/grades/cuts of meat the morning that I am going to grill them. There is nearly ZERO reason to ever buy a retail burger or steak as long as you know your butcher (not the meat counter) and how to select.

s8ist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2006
Fast Food: Sonic, (Checkers/Rallys comes in 2nd)
National chain: Steak N' Shake
Local: Jack's Old Fashioned Hamburgers
Sit Down: Steak N' Shake
mom and pop: Jack's Old Fashioned Hamburgers (Ft. Lauderdale)

Best overall though is at my house. Where I am often asked by my fiance's family to make this masterpiece:

burger.jpg

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Damn that looks tasty. I am more a purist without a ton of toppings or condiments but it does look tasty. Can you gives us a run-down of ingredients?

EDIT: sorry, didn't notice the link. I am SO GLAD to see a recipe that is smart enough to share this info with users: "Take the hamburgers out of the refrigerator 5 to 7 minutes before you are ready to grill them."

You should NEVER put ANY cold meat onto a grill, smoker, skillet or in the over. EVER! All it does is RUIN the item.

stevenl

SatelliteGuys Master
Jan 2, 2006
Disney World
Well i put it in the pit incase some hindu got mad at us eating cow..

and my god that does look good, i could do without the hoarse radish sauce though.

s8ist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2006
Well, the horseradish sauce is actually quite mild and it goes very well with the cheddar. I'd say make the sauce, keep it to the side and "test" a dab of it on acorner of your burger. The fried onions are really the trickiest part. They are done a little before you realize. Once the browning starts to happen, they can burn up in an instant. Also don't fill the pot up too high with oil and get a tall pot. I almost started a fire the last time I made these.

Use yellow or white variety, not vidalia or red. Something about the water/sugar ratio makes them soggy and not crispy.

But yeah, simply the best reason to never become a vegetarian.

(I use potato or onion rolls.)

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
IN-N-OUT Burger.. Here in the Socal, no doubt. :hatsoff:

Enjoy the 10x10

Attachments

• 10x10.jpg
    10x10.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 164

s8ist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2006
We don't have In-N-Out Burger in Florida. Is this just a West Coast thing?

DannyR:
I forgot all about Fuddruckers. They are damn good.

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
We don't have In-N-Out Burger in Florida. Is this just a West Coast thing?.
Yeah. It's a family owned chain, not an independantly-owned franchise. In other words, every location is owned by the private company, unlike most other fast food joints which are individually owned, or owned by mini-corporations who own every one of a particular brand in a certain territory.

For fast-food burgers, I'd have to say In n Out, Wendy's, and Johnny Rockets. For family restaurant style, I like Red Robin. But, I really don't have much burger eatin experience in those kinds of joints. There is a also a local chain in NYC called Jackson Hole that makes a motherfucker of a burger.
http://www.jacksonholeburgers.com/

Status
Please reply by conversation.