Best Burger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have In-N-Out Burger in Florida. Is this just a West Coast thing?

DannyR:
I forgot all about Fuddruckers. They are damn good.

If anyone is ever in Pittsburgh forget the burgers go to Primanti Brothers, best sandwiches ever.

http://www.primantibros.com/

Attachments

• primantisandwich.jpg
    primantisandwich.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 149
Locally I like Five Guys. i don't think that they are as good as they were before they started franchsing but they are good. But if you intend to take them out bring a box or something else. The grease will soak through the bag. Which leads to the statement that this place will clog your arteries in no time. It is once a month treat at best.

What a goof comment from a mgr: "One burger has 225 grams of Kobe beef. It is so expensive because the flavor is really different," said Erwan Ruswandi, the chief of the restaurant offering the gourmet burger.

WRONG! Its so expensive because a very, very tiny percentage of the Japanese beef is ever certified as Kobe beef; similar to our USDA Prime grade. Thus it is 99% a supply/demand issue. Granted it has a tad more work involved and likely a few percentage points higher markup than regular USDA prime grade beef.

I have had Kobe beef (see below) and can tell you 1st hand that Prime Grade USDA beef is as good, tender and flavorful; even though they say Kobe "should" rank 2 grade higher (that rank doesn't exist) AND I would NEVER make a burger out of any of mine.

Kobe beef (like Vidalia onions another over-hyped market scam) is only a geographical indication- it may only be called that if it is the top most graded that is also physically raised and slaughtered in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan. Outside of Japan, the meat is usually sold as "Kobe style beef" or "Wagyu" (a Japanese cattle breed). There are four major breeds of Wagyu (wa means Japanese, and gy? means cattle, or simply "Japanese cow"): Japanese Black, Japanese Brown, Japanese Polled, and Japanese Shorthorn. Japanese breed names include: Tajima, Tottori, Shimane, Kochi and Kumamoto. Japanese Kobe beef is from Tajima-ushi, which is a type of Japanese Black. And there are producers, distributors, retailers here in the USA.

http://www.kobe-beef.com/ mostly info of USA Kobe

http://1-800-steaks.com/kobewabe.html?gclid=CLOlhLOInYkCFR7eSAodbT4gQA

http://www.allenbrothers.com/findPr...ces=GoogleAd&gclid=CLvntsmInYkCFQGPWAod8kyCTw

Last edited:
fast food-Wendy's
fast food (for locations not near me)-Hardee's (they closed the 2 nearest me and made them Arby's) :( Closest Hardees is 50 miles away now

sit down cafe-Big Daddy's Burgers in Duluth, MN...get the Big Daddy Burger.. 2 half pound patties with american & swiss cheese, 3 pieces of bacon a piece of ham :)
another good one is The Anchor Bar in Superior, WI. The place is a dive bar (where the lights are down low so you dont see the rats) but goddamn they got good burgers. Come for the food but not for the hospitality :D
Anchor-Cheap food, good beer, lousy hospitality...and god forbid don't special order. We took someone there who said "I don't want mustard on mine". Waitress said "see that ketchup & mustard on the table? Thats your job to put it on the burger not mine" :D

Some of the best burgers I've ever had (other than Fudruckers) was made by Naugles (west coast), they put chopped jalapenos on the burger. Too bad they are gone now.

fast food-Wendy's
fast food (for locations not near me)-Hardee's (they closed the 2 nearest me and made them Arby's) :( Closest Hardees is 50 miles away now

sit down cafe-Big Daddy's Burgers in Duluth, MN...get the Big Daddy Burger.. 2 half pound patties with american & swiss cheese, 3 pieces of bacon a piece of ham :)
another good one is The Anchor Bar in Superior, WI. The place is a dive bar (where the lights are down low so you dont see the rats) but goddamn they got good burgers. Come for the food but not for the hospitality :D
Anchor-Cheap food, good beer, lousy hospitality...and god forbid don't special order. We took someone there who said "I don't want mustard on mine". Waitress said "see that ketchup & mustard on the table? Thats your job to put it on the burger not mine" :D

I remembered when I lived in Minnesota when they had Burger Time there. That place was nice, they had these giant hamburgers they sold for a decent price and they were good. I dont know if they still are around, but I do miss that place.

Wendy's used to be good, but they are dry now, after all the e-coli stuff. I agree Hardees/Carl's Jr is better, but still second tier.

Fast Food: Culvers (upper midwest chain) followed by Runza (Nebraska and surrounding states) And yes, I've had several from In-N-Out. OK, but not up to these two.

Sit Down: Yeah, I can get behind Fudruckers. I also like the Red Robin Banzai Burger. and Bennegins Whiskey River Burger.

Fancy: A local place called McGraffs does a great Buffalo burger, cooked and gussied up to order. Ted's (Turner) Montana Grill also does a pretty good job for a slightly upscale chain. Really nice places don't tend to get a burger order from me.

Another non-PIT topic,these belong in the Chit Chat area!

BUT - HOMEMADE rules all; price and taste! I home grind my own selections/grades/cuts of meat the morning that I am going to grill them. There is nearly ZERO reason to ever buy a retail burger or steak as long as you know your butcher (not the meat counter) and how to select.

100% correct on all counts.

:D

BUT - HOMEMADE rules all; price and taste! I home grind my own selections/grades/cuts of meat the morning that I am going to grill them. There is nearly ZERO reason to ever buy a retail burger or steak as long as you know your butcher (not the meat counter) and how to select.

Ditto. I'll take my grilled beef/pork sweet onion burger over any burger I've ever had out. :hungry:

NightRyder

I remembered when I lived in Minnesota when they had Burger Time there. That place was nice, they had these giant hamburgers they sold for a decent price and they were good. I dont know if they still are around, but I do miss that place.
never heard of them

Best fast food burger in Texas: Whataburger

Best restaurant burger is probably Chilis for me.

Best burger period: One I grill on our charcoal grill. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)