Best buy 40%off Jan2

I know they really been trying to sell receivers last few sales I got like 5 emails and some text during those sale days.

Should I be worried that Best Buy is selling Orby receivers with a ”clearance” tag? New ones receivers on the way? Or on the way out?

That is a bit disconcerting. :( I'm hoping the reason is that they are planning to release a new line of receivers with ATSC 3.0 compatibility for the OTA portion but have not heard that yet.

That is a bit disconcerting. :( I'm hoping the reason is that they are planning to release a new line of receivers with ATSC 3.0 compatibility for the OTA portion but have not heard that yet.
I checked the availability of the non dvr receiver in columbus ohio,6 locations and none in stock..There were only 3 DVR models in stock.. Something seems strange..I did send Orby a email yesterday asking for any insight but no reply from them.. They normally will reply to emails pretty quickly in the past

I checked the availability of the non dvr receiver in columbus ohio,6 locations and none in stock..There were only 3 DVR models in stock.. Something seems strange..I did send Orby a email yesterday asking for any insight but no reply from them.. They normally will reply to emails pretty quickly in the past
I was thinking of doing that yesterday but got distracted. I reached out to them today and will see what happens. :)

Here's a reply back from Orby... still doesn't make sense why Best Buy is listing them as clearance and stores not having any in stock..I know they only carry a couple anyways normally

Hello Eugene,

Thank you for contacting OrbyTV! We are not going out of business and do not have any newer Receivers or DVRs at this time. Best Buy is still selling Orby TV devices as are we. If you have more questions, you can visit us online at OrbyTV.com, or you can call us between 9 am and 9 pm EST, 7 days a week. 877-672-9881. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Sincerely,
Ashley R
Orby TV Customer Care

Here's a reply back from Orby... still doesn't make sense why Best Buy is listing them as clearance and stores not having any in stock..I know they only carry a couple anyways normally

Hello Eugene,

Thank you for contacting OrbyTV! We are not going out of business and do not have any newer Receivers or DVRs at this time. Best Buy is still selling Orby TV devices as are we. If you have more questions, you can visit us online at OrbyTV.com, or you can call us between 9 am and 9 pm EST, 7 days a week. 877-672-9881. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Sincerely,
Ashley R
Orby TV Customer Care
I got pretty much the same reply, which follows:

"Thank you for contacting OrbyTV! Thank you for questions and concerns. We can assure you we are not going out of business. Best Buy is still selling Orby TV devices as are we. However, we do not have any immediate plans are coming out with newer models for the Receivers/DVRs. If you have more questions, you can visit us online at OrbyTV.com, or you can call us between 9 am and 9 pm EST, 7 days a week. 877-672-9881. Have a wonderful rest of your day!"

Sincerely,
Ashley R
Orby TV Customer Care

They point out that Best Buy is still selling receivers. Obviously, they are still selling them, but as clearance, so for how long? It was nice to get the reassurance that Orby is not going out of business at least. :rolleyes

Well something is up with Orby.. Receiver is now not available on Best Buy.. Dvr is clearance at $99 so they are just trying to get rid of existing stock..I tried to find out how long the agreement with Eutelsat was for but only multi-year is all I can find..2yrs maybe? Closing in on that timeline.. Hope it was for at least 3 years.. Orby is not going to tell anyone what's going on..They even stated that you could buy receiver's at Best Buy but I guess that was when we emailed them.. can't buy one now.. just DVR

I just noticed that this afternoon as well. I have been checking Best Buy stock levels on both receivers every couple of days just out of curiosity. The non DVR completely disappeared even though all local stores had multiple units a couple days ago. All local stores continue to show the DVR in stock, several stores with multiple units.

Reactions: Tvland1 and FTA4PA
Well something is up with Orby.. Receiver is now not available on Best Buy.. Dvr is clearance at $99 so they are just trying to get rid of existing stock..I tried to find out how long the agreement with Eutelsat was for but only multi-year is all I can find..2yrs maybe? Closing in on that timeline.. Hope it was for at least 3 years.. Orby is not going to tell anyone what's going on..They even stated that you could buy receiver's at Best Buy but I guess that was when we emailed them.. can't buy one now.. just DVR
Yeah, I have to agree that it seems as though something is up with Orby. But hey, why should we subscribers be told anything. :rolleyes

I just noticed that this afternoon as well. I have been checking Best Buy stock levels on both receivers every couple of days just out of curiosity. The non DVR completely disappeared even though all local stores had multiple units a couple days ago. All local stores continue to show the DVR in stock, several stores with multiple units.
For the heck of it I just tried adding one to the cart and got an error saying:
There was a problem adding your product to cart

So are the DVR models even still for sale at Best Buy? :what2

EDIT: It's working now so must have just been a temporary site error. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Reactions: Tvland1
For the heck of it I just tried adding one to the cart and got an error saying:
There was a problem adding your product to cart

So are the DVR models even still for sale at Best Buy? :what2

EDIT: It's working now so must have just been a temporary site error. :rolleyes
Orby's Website is just saying this At this time, we are not activating customer accounts.

• Wow
Reactions: FTA4PA
I just tried the link I had bookmarked to log in to my Orby account and got a brief blank page then same message about not activating accounts.. :(

Last edited:
Mine is due a few days after that. I guess we will see what happens. :rolleyes
Did you email them? I sent one saying guess they are shutting down.And asked about the auto pay.. I'll just dispute it with Chase if something isn't right..they are pretty good with me

Reactions: FTA4PA
Did you email them? I sent one saying guess they are shutting down.And asked about the auto pay.. I'll just dispute it with Chase if something isn't right..they are pretty good with me
No, I didn't email them since I'm not so sure the answer we got previously was all that forthcoming. :rolleyes Please post back if you get a reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)