Best channel lineup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ACD

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
Has anyone compiled a list of sats and channels of best watchables for KU? I got tons of channels, most are foreign language though. G10R has all the UPN, WB and Fox I can ever need, but from the deluge of all the other sats, I dont have a clue what else to scan without hogging up the channel list of stuff we will never watch. Mainly I want all the networks, the one I am missing now is NBC. I also like the feeds, so a list of those would be nice..

IOW, what do you all watch?

BTW We are not into sports.

Has anyone compiled a list of sats and channels of best watchables for KU? I got tons of channels, most are foreign language though. G10R has all the UPN, WB and Fox I can ever need, but from the deluge of all the other sats, I dont have a clue what else to scan without hogging up the channel list of stuff we will never watch. Mainly I want all the networks, the one I am missing now is NBC. I also like the feeds, so a list of those would be nice..
Top of the section, it says “I have a setup…what can I get?” There’s a link to Mike Kohl’s site that is pretty updated.
NBC is on AMC4 (WVGN)…it’s a bugger to get sometimes but lately its been good :D

Lately it’s been the 2 New Orleans stations (WWL & WDSU) for the hurricane stuff. Normally its sports, Doc Scott on IA6, UonTV, the Tube and sometimes the horse racing on AMC5. Mostly sports though :D

BTW We are not into sports
Sorry to hear that :p

ACD said:

BTW We are not into sports.

Let's see...

SBS 6 has Ohio News Network. Obviously lots of Ohio stuff but good national coverage too of big events. MSNBC feeds are here too but they have been less frfequent lately. Lots of news feeds come and go here.

AMC 5 has Utah Education Net. Some good stuff these occasionally. Also New York Net. Lots of news feeds here too.

AMC 9 is all feeds-have to scan for them. Galaxy 11 has tons of feeds too.

G3C has CCCTV from China which is interesting and a nice change of pace. AMC 3 has 6 full-time PBS stations. AMC 4 has NBC as Iceberg said. IA8 has fulltime 24-7 hurricane coverage right now. And as you said G10R has the rest of the nets and Imagineasian.

If you keep scanning you will occasionally find pay-TV services in the clear. If you add a PC card you can watch additional HD and 4:2:2 programming.

So there is alot there. And for many here half the fun is looking. :)

Edit:

Forgot my favorite satellite IA6 and my favorite station CBS Newspath!

Last night I sat and watched the various pieces of "On the record" on IA6. It was interesting to hear Greta's conversations with the crew when she was not on the air and see the hairstylist try to fix things while the wind was blowing.

See this stuff a few times and you'll realize that it's the guys in the truck and behind the camera that make things happen, not the "talent".

Here are my favs

CBS Newspath on IA6
Fox News Feeds on IA6

Other good news feeds on AMC1, AMC9, Galaxy11, and IA8 - mostly hurricane stuff.

I have seen some NFL preseaon on IA8 and plenty of hurricane coverage from New Orleans WDSU which is also on IA8 at this time.

Sunday I found live cameras mounted inside of race cars...I think it was on Galaxy11... it was kinda cool to watch.

Other interesting channels...

CCTV English
Abu Dhabi TV
IRIB
(all on IA5)

And finally last Monday I found David Letterman on IA6 around 4:00PM PDT. Definitely the earliest I've ever been able to watch "The Late Show". Haha

Great stuff!

Cool, the hardest part I find for this hobby is finding the time to scan all the birds, and then edit out all the unwanted channels. On the pansat 3500, I noticed I can select up to 4 birds to scan at one time, but havent given it a shot yet. How well does that work? I also went through the CD and found the channel editor, but dont know what to do with it.

WDSU is on IA8 (there is a thread on this one) 12190 H 3979
WWL is on AMC5 (dont have the numbers handy)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)