Best connection config with ViP622

knighthammer

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
I have a Samsung HL-R4266W DLP, ViP622, AT250/HD+locals, indoor OTA for locals in HDTV, small DVD player.

My TV has 1 HDMI port. I am currently using component cables between ViP622 & TV. Also, I have my OTA hooked up directly to my TV. What is the best configuration I should be using?

Thanks guys!

If you like the component hook up leave it that way. I would also connect the OTA to the 622 so you can record OTA also.

Well, you might as well plug the OTA feed in to the back of the 622 so that you can use trick modes and record it too. If you want to keep it through the TV too, you should be able to split it right before the TV/622 and send a line to both. (I do this with 1 indoor antenna feeding two 622s).

I have not used your specific TV so I'm not sure which will look better (HDMI or component), but you can easily try. Head over to www.monoprice.com and pick up a cheap cable to try it out. They are good quality and great price.

If you like the component hook up leave it that way. I would also connect the OTA to the 622 so you can record OTA also.

So do I simply connect where it says "antenna" and leave all other connections as they are?

You can simplify somewhat by using the HDMI cable instead of component. You probably already know that HDMI has both audio and video on it. The cable is not exactly cheap though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)