Best customer service...?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

burritoboy9984

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Dallas
So I was unhappy with Dish about dropping FX, and figured I would see about making the leap to DirecTV. I have 7 TV's, 3 of which I would like HD content on. I called, spent ~30 minutes on the phone getting everything set up (I was VERY happy with the programming package/price, they also set up 6 tv's, 1 HD DVR, 1 HD and 2 Dual tuner receivers for the 4 of the 5 other tv's.), at which time the person selling the service assured me that customer service would work with me on adding an additional HD receiver for the 7th tv for less than $99 touting "we have the best customer service 9 years running". So I get everything ordered, and they transfer me, first I get transferred to the wrong person, and then another wrong person, finally I get over to customer service (I guess that is customer service?). I explain to him I need an additional HD receiver, he says it is $199 (which is now more than the $99 from before). I explain to him how I just signed up, and when I signed up, they said they would work with me on the price. He said I can't do that. I responded by saying I would like to cancel my order, because that is not the impression I was under. He replied with a smart ass "so because I won't give you a discount on the receiver you want to cancel your order." I told him that is correct. He responds by saying "you made the correct decision" then muttered something else, and hung up on me. I was worried about making the switch, but now, I have no problem sticking with Dish, thanks for making my decision an easy one.

-Erik

I have never encountered a rude csr in eight years, but it does happen. Perhaps you should call back and give it another try. It sounds like the last guy thought you wanted a dvr and not a receiver. They are $199 as opposed to $99 for a receiver.

With any company sometimes you have to play CSR roulette. The day I ordered Direct I got a no brain at first after I already talked to other CSR's in the past and knew what I wanted and what to do. I hung up on the no brain and called back and everything went smoothly. I have been happy with Direct for the most part since then. I have called in a few times since becoming a sub about questions and except for one time they all went out of there way for me and have been nice. You can't base a decision of the whole company on one bad experience. Dish network has there share of idot CSR's too I know.

Just thought I would mention that you were lied to all the way. Direct does not have a dual tuner receiver. So what you would have gotten was an HDDVR, HD, and 2 standard receivers. You would have needed 3 more receivers to do 7 TV's.

Sounds like you were talking to a retailer not Directv, and they can be rude once you tell them no.

Can not tell you how many times I have run into this. Seems to happen the most when they are AT&T orders.... :)

Liquidforce88 said:
Just thought I would mention that you were lied to all the way. Direct does not have a dual tuner receiver. So what you would have gotten was an HDDVR, HD, and 2 standard receivers. You would have needed 3 more receivers to do 7 TV's.

Sounds like you were talking to a retailer not Directv, and they can be rude once you tell them no.

Can not tell you how many times I have run into this. Seems to happen the most when they are AT&T orders.... :)

Sounds like a retailer that sells E* & D* and doesn't know the difference in recvrs

Just thought I would mention that you were lied to all the way. Direct does not have a dual tuner receiver.

Just cause I am picky.......All of DirecTV's DVR's are dual tuner, they just don't output each tuner simultaneously to different outputs like some of the Dish DVR's do. The DirecTV boxes can still record two programs at the same time (dual tuners) and allow the viewing of recorded content.

I actually called directv's main number from their website 1-888-777-2454. The guy that hung up on me, knew I was talking about a NON-dvr hd receiver, he even repeated it back as such.

The first guy I talked to, was confusing as hell and didn't seem to understand my goal. When I told him not to worry about it, and I would stick with Dish, he transferred me to his supervisor. From the little research I had done, I didn't think they had dual tuner receivers either, however she continued to tell me that with the standard def receiver it could output over composite and coax different outputs at the same time. I even asked about an rf remote, and she said I'm sure they have it like that, and every time I asked her a question about the receiver, she said I would need to talk to customer service. Regardless, I'm just shocked that they have the "best customer service", and out of the 5 people I talked to (orignal setup person, supervisor, wrongly transferred person 1, wrongly transferred person 2, customer service) only 1 single person was decent towards me, and didn't sound like I was interrupting their coffee and actually knew what I was talking about (wrongly transferred person 2, original setup person was nice, but slightly clueless).

-Erik

1-800- DIRECTV is the number to call for new service. You called a retailer that carries both dish and directv. Your described equipment sounds like dish. You will need 7 receivers for DTV. 3 HD and 4 Standard. You will have to purchase 1 HD reciever and 2 standard. Cost will be about $200.00.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)