best deal for Christmas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TARDIS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Bangor, Maine
I want to upgrade my dad to a HR-700 or 100 for Christmas. What would be the best way to go about doing this for him?

Thanks

Maybe I should clarify. What would be the most inexpensive route to go in order to upgrade my dad's equipment for Christmas. Should I call D* directly or is there another way? Any constructive feedback would be welcome.

Not sure you can call D* and order an HR20/HR21 for somebody else. Sure, I guess there's a way you could pay the up front cost, for whatever amount you negotiate, but since we're talking a leased piece of equipment you're obligating your father to the monthly fee and I'm not sure D* would go with that. Now, on the other hand, I guess you could get a unit at BestBuy or Costco and give it to him as a gift. He'd get it installed and activated and then he'd be the one obligating himself to the monthly unit charge.

Make him a coupon "Good for 1 free DirecTV HD DVR". If he wants it he will tell you to pay for it then when he opens the envelope on x-mas morning.

Not sure you can call D* and order an HR20/HR21 for somebody else. Sure, I guess there's a way you could pay the up front cost, for whatever amount you negotiate, but since we're talking a leased piece of equipment you're obligating your father to the monthly fee and I'm not sure D* would go with that. Now, on the other hand, I guess you could get a unit at BestBuy or Costco and give it to him as a gift. He'd get it installed and activated and then he'd be the one obligating himself to the monthly unit charge.

I know that he wants upgrade but he has not been able to afford the upfront costs. He currently has the premiere package so once the initial costs are paid it should not be any issue. I guess I will go ahead and call D* and see what the say. I can't imagine that I'd be the first person to want to do this for somebody.

I know that he wants upgrade but he has not been able to afford the upfront costs. He currently has the premiere package so once the initial costs are paid it should not be any issue. I guess I will go ahead and call D* and see what the say. I can't imagine that I'd be the first person to want to do this for somebody.

You shouldn't have any problem as there won't be any additional charges to his account. They don't even have to know that it's you calling and not him if you know what I mean.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)