Best deal on HD for a new Customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

J-Rod

Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
Howdy,

I've been a lurker, and decided to register to aska few questions. Please bear with me if these are n00b questions.

I'm moving to a new location, and our previous satellite was in my wife's maiden name.

So, I now have the opportunity to go with a new setup as a new customer of either provider. So, I'm looking at my options. I'm located in the Houston Area, so as I understand it, we're should be in play for the MPEG-4 upgrade.

I have a 65" HD TV, so HD is one of the things I am interested in having. NFL or sports related programming in HD is not a priority.

So, my questions are as follows:

With the choice of either system as a new customer would you use DirecTV or Dish?

I have seen posts on various forums about folks calling customer retention to get a "sweeter" deal (i.e. knocking the price on the DVR down, or getting 6 months of HD or HBO instead of 3). What do you think the "best"deal I should be able to get on an HD pack (at least one HD reciever, DVR optional).

Which group at DirecTV should I contact to obtain the best deal?

To boil it down, I'm looking to get the most bang for the least buck :) . So, any insight or tips you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

J-Rod said:
Howdy,

I've been a lurker, and decided to register to aska few questions. Please bear with me if these are n00b questions.

I'm moving to a new location, and our previous satellite was in my wife's maiden name.

So, I now have the opportunity to go with a new setup as a new customer of either provider. So, I'm looking at my options. I'm located in the Houston Area, so as I understand it, we're should be in play for the MPEG-4 upgrade.

I have a 65" HD TV, so HD is one of the things I am interested in having. NFL or sports related programming in HD is not a priority.

So, my questions are as follows:

With the choice of either system as a new customer would you use DirecTV or Dish?

I have seen posts on various forums about folks calling customer retention to get a "sweeter" deal (i.e. knocking the price on the DVR down, or getting 6 months of HD or HBO instead of 3). What do you think the "best"deal I should be able to get on an HD pack (at least one HD reciever, DVR optional).

Which group at DirecTV should I contact to obtain the best deal?

To boil it down, I'm looking to get the most bang for the least buck :) . So, any insight or tips you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Call Dish. Directv only does two HD channels as far as I know and that is ESPNHD and ESPNHD2 at 1280x720p. The rest is bitstarved and downrezzed crap. 1280x1088i.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts