Best deal on HR10-250s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DTV TiVo Dealer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Scarsdale, NY
There are a hand full of places some authorized and some not where you can buy the HR10-250 for less than DIRECTV's mandated $999.99 MAP. In response, we have lowered our price to $899.99 and included the original manufactures 5 yr. extended warranty at no additional charge. The warranty covers the HD DVR and Triple LNB, has no deductible.

We also double-box every HR10-250 to ensure it's safe travel to your door and include a free 6 color logo'd HD DVR T-shirt.

Anyone who purchased a HR10-250 September 1, 2004 to date can get a free 5 yr. warranty just for requesting it.

I am sorry to say, on this item only I can not give any further discount.

-Robert

Hopefully Directv will follow suit with DISH and lower their retail price of the HD Tivo.

Neutron said:
Hopefully Directv will follow suit with DISH and lower their retail price of the HD Tivo.

Amen to that! $549 for the HR10-250 - Goodbye E*, hello D*! Do you think D* will respond to this from E* by lowering the price of the HR10-250?

Has anyone called to see if D* will do a deal on them now that the price on E*'s has been lowered?

Surely D* is paying attention to the fact that not only can E* steal some business of theirs by lowering the price of a HD DVR, many of the local cable providers are launching HD digital cable boxes with DVR technology built right in... I know Cox has been testing this for months in selected markets across the country and they are even moving into my neighborhood with it. I love D*... always have, but I really want to upgrade to HD with DVR and with competition offering hardware that I don't have to shell out $1,000 for up front, D* really needs to think about how to keep their subs from jumping ship.
Heaven forbid V* gets their act together with some sort of DVR in the next few months... then D* may actually have something to worry about. Even with their new birds getting launched next year, will they be able to keep all of their subs in the short term? How many people are there out there who are constantly on the lookout for alternatives, and would jump at the chance to upgrade even if it means saying goodbye to D*?

I will immediate post any price change, but for now I do not expect any movement as sales are very strong and DIRECTV is not likely to lower the price as long as demand stays with or ahead or production capabilities. And for now the HR10-250 is frequently not available from our three exclusive distributors.

-Robert

The downside to the lack of availability of the units, for the consumers, is that the price has automatic protection. Not to mention the flipside of the equation being that D* is seemingly bringing their recievers back "in-house". This leads me to only two possible outcomes to the future pricing question...

1. The price stays right where it is with no drop -- not likely due to the competition from E* and the cable companies.

2. A new device rolls out, D* branded, with a much lower price point (around $500 I'm guessing) and D* dramatically increases their market share by stealing subs from the cable providers.

The second option makes the most sense to me, and quite frankly at a lower price like $500 I'll be all over the deal... So for me, it's all a waiting game now.

Just speculating about the price btw.... I have no real idea what will happen, but I'm hoping!! :D

Dish Network says they subsidize these receivers. Do you really see them taking over a $500 hit on all of these 921's? This really makes me wonder if this is all they had in these receivers all along.

Robert can I buy the receiver without an antenna for a reduced price. I already have an HD-300 so no need to get any equipment or install except for the receiver by it's self.

colofan,

The free 18x20 dish and installation is only avaialbe to new subscribers. So I am sorry to say existing customers do not get the dish or installation included.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)