Best Device for Slingbox viewing??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
I need some advice on what device to watch for streaming for Slingbox.

I have the iPhone 5 with the SlingBox App but when I hook it up to the TV with a HDMI cable if does not fill the screen for viewing.

On my laptop with the HDMI it fits the TV screen fine. But I don't have the wifi high speed Internet like I can with the iPhone 5 I have a netgear it has the 5G so the speed is faster my lap top does not have that feature.

So I didn't know what device would be good for viewing the Sling on Apple TV? WD TV or a Boxee TV? I have a Samsung Smart TV but the web browser does not support flash for the slingbox site.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Question does it have the fast 5G wifi for the WD? I have Cox Internet. I suppose to get about 50MB download but now it's slower again everything is new the router and modem so I don't know if its on Cox end or not. Just strange it's all over the map for the download speed I would think it should be more stable unless the wiring is getting old who knows.

Thanks,
Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)