Best DirecTV HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

casaozeta

Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
los angeles, ca
I have a couple of HR20 HD DVRs and I'd like to upgrade. Is there a new model coming out in a month or two? Should I get the HR24 or H24 now, or wait a month or two for something newer? Is there an HR25/H25 in the works? BTW, what is the difference between HR24 and H24? I want to use the multi-room features. Thanks for your advice.

I have a couple of HR20 HD DVRs and I'd like to upgrade. Is there a new model coming out in a month or two? Should I get the HR24 or H24 now, or wait a month or two for something newer? Is there an HR25/H25 in the works? BTW, what is the difference between HR24 and H24? I want to use the multi-room features. Thanks for your advice.

Nothing new coming that I have heard anything about.

The difference is the HR24 is a HD DVR where as the other is a regular HD recvr.

I was a little worried that the DirecTivo that has been rumored would be coming out soon; but I went ahead with the install of a HR24 and H24 anyway. To be honest, The HR24 is great (If I can ever get the TV Apps to work, its my only complaint). I have had this system about five days now and I am still saying "Wow, now thats a 'smart' feature, why didn't Dish Network think about that? (I had the Dish Network 722 before). I think even if something comes out in 6 months or so, you will be very happy with the HR24.

That would be nice, but also start a NEW commitment. UGH.

You could always wait and see what the OWNED price is on the box and then purchase out right and avoid comittment. hddvr 499 I goint to wildly guess that they will say the box is 699 or more. Again that number is based on nothing but a wild random number.

You could always wait and see what the OWNED price is on the box and then purchase out right and avoid comittment. hddvr 499 I goint to wildly guess that they will say the box is 699 or more. Again that number is based on nothing but a wild random number.

If you BUY it, does D* cover it like anything else ? (I have PP)

You going to CES?

I am considering it yes. Depends on if dtv lets me go this year and if I can get time off my other job which should be easy assuming no big projects come up before ces time. As dtv usually only lets me have one vacation break a year and I usually go to up state NY for that.

I am considering it yes. Depends on if dtv lets me go this year and if I can get time off my other job which should be easy assuming no big projects come up before ces time. As dtv usually only lets me have one vacation break a year and I usually go to up state NY for that.

Now Stone, why would you leave sunny florida to come visit us upstate? You must want a Yannkees fix:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)