Best DirecTV HD DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

casaozeta

Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
los angeles, ca
I have a couple of HR20 HD DVRs and I'd like to upgrade. Is there a new model coming out in a month or two? Should I get the HR24 or H24 now, or wait a month or two for something newer? Is there an HR25/H25 in the works? BTW, what is the difference between HR24 and H24? I want to use the multi-room features. Thanks for your advice.

I have a couple of HR20 HD DVRs and I'd like to upgrade. Is there a new model coming out in a month or two? Should I get the HR24 or H24 now, or wait a month or two for something newer? Is there an HR25/H25 in the works? BTW, what is the difference between HR24 and H24? I want to use the multi-room features. Thanks for your advice.

Nothing new coming that I have heard anything about.

The difference is the HR24 is a HD DVR where as the other is a regular HD recvr.

I was a little worried that the DirecTivo that has been rumored would be coming out soon; but I went ahead with the install of a HR24 and H24 anyway. To be honest, The HR24 is great (If I can ever get the TV Apps to work, its my only complaint). I have had this system about five days now and I am still saying "Wow, now thats a 'smart' feature, why didn't Dish Network think about that? (I had the Dish Network 722 before). I think even if something comes out in 6 months or so, you will be very happy with the HR24.

That would be nice, but also start a NEW commitment. UGH.

You could always wait and see what the OWNED price is on the box and then purchase out right and avoid comittment. hddvr 499 I goint to wildly guess that they will say the box is 699 or more. Again that number is based on nothing but a wild random number.

You could always wait and see what the OWNED price is on the box and then purchase out right and avoid comittment. hddvr 499 I goint to wildly guess that they will say the box is 699 or more. Again that number is based on nothing but a wild random number.

If you BUY it, does D* cover it like anything else ? (I have PP)

You going to CES?

I am considering it yes. Depends on if dtv lets me go this year and if I can get time off my other job which should be easy assuming no big projects come up before ces time. As dtv usually only lets me have one vacation break a year and I usually go to up state NY for that.

I am considering it yes. Depends on if dtv lets me go this year and if I can get time off my other job which should be easy assuming no big projects come up before ces time. As dtv usually only lets me have one vacation break a year and I usually go to up state NY for that.

Now Stone, why would you leave sunny florida to come visit us upstate? You must want a Yannkees fix:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)