Best dish choice for 5 feed setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dogbert75

Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Hi,
I am new to this and looking to have a 4 recv setup, with one of them being a dtivo unit. Perhpas down the line changing some of the other units to dtivo as well. what type of dish should i have installed for my dtv? And will this be included in a basic install? Thanks for your help.

I don't know that you have an option. If you are in the Detroit area you will be getting the 5 lnb dish. If you are not you will be getting the 3 lnb dish. Both dishes have 4 outputs, so you would still need to employ a switch or multiplexer of some type, don't know cause I don't use more than 4 receivers. I'm sure the experts will be answering you soon.

timmac said:
Both dishes have 4 outputs, so you would still need to employ a switch or multiplexer of some type, don't know cause I don't use more than 4 receivers. I'm sure the experts will be answering you soon.

In this case, a cascadable 4x8 or 5x8 multiswitch with all 4 outputs from the dish going to the inputs of the multiswitch.

This should be included in the basic install, but things like wall fishing all the wires would not be.

H

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)