BEST EVER prayer before a sporting event!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I am not a very religious guy, but I thought this is the best thing I have ever heard before any sporting event other than the Chicago Bulls intro during their championship years in the 90s. I thought it was so cool that I could not stop laughing.

Best prayer EVER! Pastor Joe Nelms – Nascar Nationwide – Nashville, TN

Now THAT is what a call having fun before a sporting event and bring smiles to people's faces!

If that won't bring on a smile I don't know what will. That was great....:)

Sorry, and not to be insulting to anyone who likes what the guy said, but I think he is a buffoon. Thanks for my smokin' hot wife? Seriously?

raoul5788 said:
Sorry, and not to be insulting to anyone who likes what the guy said, but I think he is a buffoon. Thanks for my smokin' hot wife? Seriously?

Why not? Especially if he indeed has one! They guy is as huge as a defensive tackle....he should be thanking "the good Lord" on an hourly basis if that is the case.....lol!

I too thought the pastor sounded like a Buffoon! He should have merely given thanks and praise in a respectful manner and been done with it. Instead, he came across as both a racing spokesman and a braggart. Funny? Sure! But not very appropriate.

Since the topic of "Best Prayer" was brought up...

A better prayer would have been something like, "Good God, let's get the hell out of here and go see a real sport...you know, one that involves athletes and not a drive around in circles! Better yet, have the drivers get their arses out of their cars and run 200-laps around the track. Now that would be a sport!" :)

I've got nothing against NASCAR (or Indy Car Racing for that matter) but auto racing not a sport nor is it a sporting event...it's an activity just like Poker or Scrabble. I'm just stating a fact and not offering this up as a topic for debate. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)