Best Facial Hair in Sports

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Sorry about the silly topic in advance, but it's the Monday after a long holiday weekend. We can still have fun, can't we? ;) .........

Anyways, I wanted to poll the thoughts of you forum goers on your opinions on what seems to be the resurgence of facial hair in sports. It used to be in the 70's and previous eras that the mustache and big crazy was quite popular. An example would be Oscar Gamble as shown in my avatar or the famous Rollie Fingers.

Then just the other day, I was thrown for a loop when I saw Yankees own, Jason Giambi with a pretty nice stache! There are 3 current sports figures with notable mustaches that I can think of currently. (Giambi, Charlotte Bobcatt, Adam Morrison and Indians backup catcher, Sal Fasano.)

Is this the begining to the resurgence to facial hair in sports? What are your all-time favorite hairy faced sports figures?

236427123_9f9908f23f_o.jpg

morrison.jpg

fasano.png

Joe Namath's fu mancu from 1969 that he got $10,000 big ones to shave off on a Gillette or Foamy commerical (I can't remember which), with an assist from an unknown Farrah Fawcett. "Take if off, take it off, take it alllllllll off." Man, that Farrah had talent :rolleyes:.

When did they Yankees start allowing facial hair again ?
I saw that too the other night and could not believe my eyes.

I always liked Rollie Fingers ... Goose Gossage

A lot of the hockey players look pretty good by the time June rolls around, that said, alot also look reaaally bad too.

Jimbo

When did they Yankees start allowing facial hair again ?
I saw that too the other night and could not believe my eyes.

I always liked Rollie Fingers ... Goose Gossage

A lot of the hockey players look pretty good by the time June rolls around, that said, alot also look reaaally bad too.

Jimbo

Maybe Hank is more lenient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)