Golf Fans Rejoice! Tiger Woods is Back!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Yesterday, Tiger Woods returned to golf for the first time since willing his way to victory 8 months ago on a bum knee. Woods’ last tournament before surgery was the U.S. Open, which he won over Rocco Mediate. Most people will admit that Tiger Woods’ win in that tourney at that time was one of his most remarkable due to the fact that he played the end of the tourney practically on one leg.

His injuries after that performance included a torn ACL in addition to a double stress fracture in his tibia. And as if to rub everyone’s face in just how amazing an athlete he is, Woods is now back. And he is back in a mere 8 months.

Yesterday, Tiger made his debut at the WGC Accenture Matchplay Championships with a match against Woods’ most recent historical footnote, Brendan Jones of Australia. Tiger won his match 3 and 2. For you non aficionados, that means Woods was up by three with only two holes left, thus ending the match.

But his next match isn’t the important part of the story. Woods is back. The game of golf hasn’t been the same since he went down to injury last year. He isn’t going to win every tournament, but the air of excitement and air of potential history that he brings to every tournament he plays has been missed. Golf fans should be happy to finally have Woods back. I know I am!

Golf isn't worth watching without Tiger. Welcome back. No doubt the biggest beneficiary of Tiger's absence was Padraig Harrington who won 2 majors last year while Tiger was gone. I don't think he'll be in the winner's circle too many more times now that Tiger is back on the prowl.

Golf isn't worth watching without Tiger. Welcome back. No doubt the biggest beneficiary of Tiger's absence was Padraig Harrington who won 2 majors last year while Tiger was gone. I don't think he'll be in the winner's circle too many more times now that Tiger is back on the prowl.

I want SOMEONE to show some balls to challenge Tiger!! I love Tiger Woods AND golf is boring without him...BUT it would be SOO much more fun if a Segio Garcia, Camilo Villegas, Vijay Singh or even Phil Mickelson to show SO balls and not ball up into a fetal position every time he is within 10 shots with a round and half to play.

I want SOMEONE to show some balls to challenge Tiger!! I love Tiger Woods AND golf is boring without him...BUT it would be SOO much more fun if a Segio Garcia, Camilo Villegas, Vijay Singh or even Phil Mickelson to show SO balls and not ball up into a fetal position every time he is within 10 shots with a round and half to play.

If anyone's up for the challenge, it's Padraig Harrington. He's playing the best golf of his career. He certainly has the skill set to compete. Plus he's an Irishman, he has nerves of steel and brass balls. He would be the best suited to challenge Tiger IMO.

Thanks for inviting me.:rolleyes: Since I feel slighted, if you change your mind and invite me, be sure to send YOUR private jet to pick me up. Scratch that, I got a bowling tournament in Toledo Saturday.

Tiger was also recently quoted as saying "my golf game is the strongest it's ever been." :eek::eek::eek:

It makes sense. Since he wasn't able to put a ton of torque on his legs during recovery, he was probably instead focusing on his short game. Go Tiger!

thanks for starting this thread HD. when tiger had his surgery i stopped watching golf all together. but the man is back baby!! time to start breaking windows in the back yard :D

Funny he hasn't swung a golf club in 8 months, and he's the number one seed in the match.

He was so far ahead of the field, that he didn't lose his world ranking as #1. This guy won 10 out of 13 events he played in last season - on one healthy leg.

One question - What if he was so good because his leg moved all around?;)

Thanks for inviting me.:rolleyes: Since I feel slighted, if you change your mind and invite me, be sure to send YOUR private jet to pick me up. Scratch that, I got a bowling tournament in Toledo Saturday.

I didn't see you on here...I saw HD....I will send the Lear to pic you on Friday night...the guys from Ford left it at MIA....LOL!

Tiger's out today 4-2 to Clark. Clark was outstanding today. I'm not sure if he missed a green or a fairway.

yep. i think tiger will be just fine. some are over reacting to this today which i find silly. the man is coming back from knee surgery. he'll be fine. :up

One thing I've always liked about Tiger- it's amazing how he can handle such a media crush.

I can't imagine ever being to live with the media coverage that he gets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)