Please reply by conversation.

southofi-10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2010
South Louisiana
Looking for a good 24/7 news channel on KU
Guess I'd be going after abc news now
HLN and fox have talk all evening instead of news (?).
I remember the good old days when the news channels gave youi news and weather channels give you weather.You can't get neither anymore,LOL
Does the nbc mux have a news channel?
Thanks

I have not watch these recently but Russia Today, Press TV, and Al Jazeera use to have international news in English on 97.0°W Galaxy 19 Ku.

Al Jazeera is certainly mine. When the US is stuck on Casey Anthony and nude cell picture leaks, they're covering the Arab uprising. True, they can become cheerleaders pretty quick, but it's a decent trade-off.

CNC News is also nice, although obviously a pro-China channel.

That said, I miss mHz. That and I sort of wish France24 would jump the pond on Ku.

Does the nbc mux have a news channel?
Thanks

Assuming that you're talking about the one on 72, they do have MSNBC up quite a bit, but it's not guaranteed. They change the channels whenever they feel like it.

IMHO if you want the straight poop on a story you need to get all sides from multiple news sources. I watch all the news channels on 97w and the networks. It is amazing how some of the stories will differ.

IMHO if you want the straight poop on a story you need to get all sides from multiple news sources. I watch all the news channels on 97w and the networks. It is amazing how some of the stories will differ.

Couldn't agree more. Al-Jazeera used to be my preferred but not anymore. I find RT to have a good coverage of the US news. I like the Alyona Show on RT. George Gallowy on Press TV. Richard Gizbert on Al-Jazeera. Watch all and draw your conclusion. Galaxy 19 (97W) has more than enough. You might also be lucky and get CCTV from 95W, but it's not that stable.

I went with nbc mux on 72.
I would have preffered 89 as well ,or even 95,but I have a blind spot in my yard due to neighbors trees.So it looked impossible to get.
The 72 is one of the strongest signals I've ever gotten on fta.
Thanks all !!

You'll find plenty of Weather Channel feeds on 72w Ku when there's something going on, plus assorted other feeds for the NBC family of channels. Just keep scanning -- the feeds don't show up on the 4-channel mux.

What blows my mind is that RT (Russia Today) has a very obvious right wing slant. I often wonder if they are doing that to mess with people. Disinformation agents perhaps..

Excluding their right wing slant, I like RT in general, especially their documentary series and the little series about Russia, I think it's called Exploring Russia or something like that. Some goofy dude named James Brown takes you on tours of different places in Russia. Pretty interesting. Beautiful country.. :)

As to all the international news channels, I wish they would show news about THEIR countries rather than their view of our news and our country.

Oh yes, and you can get the BBC in the early mornings on 125w.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts