Best New Dish Subscriber Offer?

foschus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Eagan, MN
What is the best new subscriber offer I can get right now, if I want a 622 receiver and the Dish HD Platinum package?

I was a dish network subscriber for years, but cancelled for VOOM. I signed up with Comcast out of convenience after VOOM suddenly shut down. I've stayed with Comcast because of the cheap HD DVR and the fact they offer HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz in HD. Since Dish has added Starz recently and it looks like they may add Cinemax sometime soon, I'm thinking of switching back.

Any suggestions on how to get the best deal? Ideally I'd like to get in for $0, but I don't know if that's possible.

Thanks

New customer can get an HD-DVR for free now after 10 months w/ credits.

You pay $199 upfront to lease an HD-DVR

you get 2 $10 for 10 month credits (totaling $200)

In case the regular phone people won't give you the "new customer" offer because you're technically NOT a new customer, either Claude at Dishstore.net should give you the same offer or send an e-mail to the "ceo@echostar.com" address. Include your phone #, old acct number, etc, etc.

You should know that the $0 622 offer requires you pay $50 to get out of having an 18 month commitment. So you can either pay the $50 or agree to pay at least $50/month for 18 months.

That is, if you can get the new customer deal.

You should be able to get the new customer deal but you can not get out of paying the $50 activation fee. From what I have been told, only real new customers have that option.

nah i think club dish will work.

the thing that existing customers have to do is agree to the 18 months

I just signed up and they wouldn't let me use club dish. I was a customer in 2002. I had to pay for the 622 upgrade 199 and 50 for activation. *doh

I was a customer a few years ago on DHA, then cancelled. I signed back up a few weeks ago and had to pay $149 to get going with a ViP622.

$199 622 upgrade fee
$ 50 activation fee
($50) fee waived for 18-mo committment
($50) Club Dish

Grand total: $149

Dishstore can do a formers DHA for previous customers, give us a call at 800-807-0837

All I ask is you do me one favor when you call and tell me upfront you where a former customer so I can see if you qualify for formers before I spend an hour with you on the phone going into equipment configurations and promotions.

It might be possible to do for $0 upfront, but it depends on the statis of your previous account and the type of equipment you want on your account.

Claude Greiner said:
Dishstore can do a formers DHA for previous customers, give us a call at 800-807-0837

All I ask is you do me one favor when you call and tell me upfront you where a former customer so I can see if you qualify for formers before I spend an hour with you on the phone going into equipment configurations and promotions.

It might be possible to do for $0 upfront, but it depends on the statis of your previous account and the type of equipment you want on your account.

wow, wish I would have done that! *kickselfinthehead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts