best non-3D plasma question

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I'm looking for a non-3D plasma but all of the websites I've gone to are focused on 3D TV's. Obviously I don't want a 3D TV and I certainly don't want to pay the price of a 3D set. Any suggestions (about 2D plasma TV's)?

There is little to no price delta between 3D & 2D today. Perhaps there are other features that are driving the price up.

You are aware that Panasonic is ending plasma production, presumably this month, and the future is not bright for plasma? Or perhaps that is why you wish to snag one today, before they're all gone. Still recommend a Panasonic brand.

If I could get a LED-LCD set at 600 Hz refresh rate I'd consider getting one. Hopefully, I won't have to buy a new TV every 5 years. And, yes, I know Panasonic is quitting the plasma business.

If I could get a LED-LCD set at 600 Hz refresh rate I'd consider getting one. Hopefully, I won't have to buy a new TV every 5 years. And, yes, I know Panasonic is quitting the plasma business.
The 600 Hz is not the same as the refresh rate in LED/LCD. Plasmas refresh at 48, 72 (Pioneer), and 96. With LED/LCDs, the image is refreshed X number of times. Plasmas don't refresh (this is a subfield) the image 600 times. It has to do with how many times the pixels turn off and on in 60 seconds. Each tech will have its advantages and disadvantages. With plasma, I have seen, as have others, flicker when the panel is refreshed at 48 or 96 hz. I have not seen the flicker with LED/LCD. On the other hand, because of the way plasma works, it is not as susceptible to motion blur.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)