best offer to become a Dish customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nomad816

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
What is best offer to become a Dish customer?

... since I guess I am leaving Directv.

What the best way to signup and get the best offer? Is it thru their site?

Last edited:
You can view and study thier offers at the web site, decide which one you want, and then find a local installer. Ask around to find the best one. They will set you up with the equipment, the install, and service. If you set up everything through Dish, you have no choice on who and when they will send someone out. Just my opinion though. Good luck.

I think the best deal is probably directly through dish, but make sure you get a ClubDish code so you can avoid both activation and a 18 month committment...

From what I've heard, the deals with the resellers (dvd players, etc) are a pain because they charge fairly high shipping and handling fees for the "free" items, and the quality of them is questionable anyhow.

Your local dealer has exactly the same deal as calling Dish Network. The national offer is the same everywhere.. And in many cases being local you get better service. And you keep your money in the community where you live instead of someone god knows where. Never have understood why someone would rather deal with an 800 number instread of their neighbor down the street.. It's the same deals. BUY LOCAL

the 'digital home advantage' offer may be done with or without the 18 month commitment...by taking the commitment, you receive their 'digital home protection plan' (dhpp) at no charge during the commitment period, after which they make it a $6 add-on to your bill each month...

as the leased system hardware is covered for the life of the subscription in all cases, i don't see the dhpp to be worth it, though it does extend coverage to your remote controls...

a reliable local dealer is always the best bet, but many do not want to do no-commitment deals....if you don't find what you want locally or want more information, you might consider going through me, as i am a dealer...i'll do the no-commit deal for you

Your local dealer has exactly the same deal as calling Dish Network.
Deals ?? Yes...
Never have understood why someone would rather deal with an 800 number instread of their neighbor down the street.. It's the same deals. BUY LOCAL
If I want to get Dish but choose the "no commitment" option, then decide to quit after 6-8 months, Dish will let me walk free and clear after returning the equipment. Will the local dealer ??

Deals ?? Yes... If I want to get Dish but choose the "no commitment" option, then decide to quit after 6-8 months, Dish will let me walk free and clear after returning the equipment. Will the local dealer ??

Yes.. I do.. If you wanted the no commitment deal, I have it too.. Most people won't leave anyway.. My feeling has always been that if a customer is going to leave, the commitment doesn't seem to matter to them anyway.

Besides. I take care of my customers so they don't want to leave. :)

Nothing against my local dealers, other than the fact that they weren't up to date on current plans (they still wanted to charge me extra for the ViP622) and generally frustrate me with their pushiness as I try to walk through the mall.

I just felt that if I were to have any billing issues, it would be easier to keep everything with Dish directly...I have had numerous issues acquiring services through secondary providers, so it was just one less thing I wanted to have to worry about.

What is the financial difference to Intertech, whether I sign up through them or not, as they are the ones that Dish sends out to do the installs?

I had read at one time that if you sign up directly with a dealer, they actually get a cut of your monthly bill as long as you remain a customer. Think about it, they get nothing for installation, nothing for the equipment.

As far as billing, I'm positive they don't get involved in the month-to-month billing. You pay Dish directly, not the dealer.

Sounds like a lot of misinformed people

Same deals.. Better Service.. Once you get installed by a local dealer you are in Dish Networks system.. You pay the bill to Dish and deal with Dish directly on issues if you want too.. We don't get a cut of the customers bill.. Yes we get residuals on customers, but it doesn't cost the customer anything different than if they were to go through Dish.. Yes there are some bad dealers out there who don't know their head from their rear end. But the same can be said of actual Dish Installers too.. So.... Do you want someone in Littleton Colorado to profit from your sale, or would you rather your neighbor down the street, who shops in your town, and maybe in your business, to make the money off of you.. Personally, I believe in supporting the town where I live..

Yes.. I do.. If you wanted the no commitment deal, I have it too.. Most people won't leave anyway.. My feeling has always been that if a customer is going to leave, the commitment doesn't seem to matter to them anyway.

Besides. I take care of my customers so they don't want to leave. :)

We need more people like you :up

What does "residual" mean ?

It is Dish paying us for good quality long term customers.. NOT a cut off of the Customers bill.. Doesn't cost the customer anything.. The customer pays exactly the same thing for their monthly bill through us as they would if they bought from Dish Network. But they get piece of mind knowing they kept their money local.

And usually when a customer calls or walks in, I can do the job the next day. I have even done them same day. Instead of Dish scheduling two weeks out.. Ya want a 622 today.. Walk into a local dealer and buy one. Retail cost is the same or even sometimes cheaper than Dish would sell it to you.. If I live to be a hundred, I will never understand why people would want to deal with someone out of town, and in most cases out of State when they dial these 800 numbers. My livelyhood depends on my dealership making you happy. If you are happy you are going to tell people how happy you are and recommend me to your friends. So it is always in my best interest to give you an install that is better than you could get from the next guy. And something else to chew on.. The smaller the dealer usually the better service you get.. Larger dealers are the ones that don't need you.. Go to dishnetwork.com Look for the retailer referral link, put in your zip code and pick a dealer that is close to you.. Talk to the guy or gal that answers the phone and just see what happens.

It is Dish paying us for good quality long term customers.. NOT a cut off of the Customers bill.. Doesn't cost the customer anything.. The customer pays exactly the same thing for their monthly bill through us as they would if they bought from Dish Network. But they get piece of mind knowing they kept their money local.

And usually when a customer calls or walks in, I can do the job the next day. I have even done them same day. Instead of Dish scheduling two weeks out.. Ya want a 622 today.. Walk into a local dealer and buy one. Retail cost is the same or even sometimes cheaper than Dish would sell it to you.. If I live to be a hundred, I will never understand why people would want to deal with someone out of town, and in most cases out of State when they dial these 800 numbers. My livelyhood depends on my dealership making you happy. If you are happy you are going to tell people how happy you are and recommend me to your friends. So it is always in my best interest to give you an install that is better than you could get from the next guy. And something else to chew on.. The smaller the dealer usually the better service you get.. Larger dealers are the ones that don't need you.. Go to dishnetwork.com Look for the retailer referral link, put in your zip code and pick a dealer that is close to you.. Talk to the guy or gal that answers the phone and just see what happens.

I live in a small town. We have a local retailer. He is also a jackass that treats his customers like crap.

I was so fed up with his sh*t that when we moved (due to a house fire). I had my wife call Dishnetwork's 1-800-333-DISH number and got the service from them.

I was not looking for a New Customer deal.

The "local retailer" had 3 different jackasses come out and tell me No LOS.

I knew they were full of sh*t.

I had a pole cemented into the ground, trench dug, and conduit down for the cable. I finally had to buy a dish off of Ebay, set it up, and then have the local retailer send a guy out.

As I said above, there are some Retailers that don't know their head from their rear. And just as many actual Dish Employees that are no better.. But there are usually more than one choice of a retailer in any area. I stand by my point. Support your local dealer. Within 15 miles of me are 5 Independant retailers. I am in a fairly small town. And I know 4 of those retailers well enough to call them friends. We are competitors but when the doors close we hit the river and have fun together.. We even take vacations with our families together.. The point here is there are aways plenty of dealers available.. And the sub-point here is that dealers can actually get along with each other and not try to cut throats..

Be careful of resellers who impose their own, 2nd contract or commitment on top of Dish's.

Any smart dealer has a 2nd contract with the customer. Charlie has even said they should.
Any customer who approached us and said they did not want to sign the 2nd, would be the type of customer we would not want.
That would be a shame for you since you would ONLY have DISH or some mail order/Internet company to deal with, who uses DNSC for installation.

Instead of looking for the best deal, maybe you should be looking for the best installation company or dealer with experienced installers.
Sometimes you find a good installer and they can refer you to a national company they contract with. It really does not matter which dealer you sign up with, what matters is the installer.

All you have to do is read this forum to discover all the problems people have with installers. ANY DEALER can offer any promotion. The only difference is who will install it.

So unless you really need that free $30 DVD player, or cheap a$$ home theater, look for quality and ask for referrals.

I would hate to see you back here in 6 months crying about your system giving you problems and you cannot get help from DISH.

Maybe this will help - Find Local Dealer or Satellite Installers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)