Best package for the most channels with dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jimmyjam019

Original poster
Jan 24, 2014
Toledo ohio
Hi guys im looking to get a free to air satellite package that is the most up to date, gives me the most channels, and hd dvr, I also assume I will need a motorized dish to get the most channels. What is the best package for me?

Take a look at some of the packages offered by SatelliteAV, you will want a HD receiver such as the MicroHD. Add external USB Hard Drive and you now have DVR.

Yes for FTA you want a motorized dish as interesting stuff to watch is all over the sky. :)

There is no perfect receiver - they all have their flaws.
Since you are interested in DVR, you need one that has a stable internal clock - hopefully someone will jump in with recommendation.

If your just starting out stay with simple or you will just get pissed off and may give up. I would start with Just one KU dish and no motor get your feet wet then add in a motor then move up to cband just my two cents.

I would look at:
MicroHD (Awesome motor support)
HDVR-1200 (Not great for SD)
Manhattan RS-1933
Amiko Nano
All of these STB have support from american companies.

Other STB's you can use but i don't care for.
X2
DBS6000
AZ Fox
OpenBox S9
OpenBox XX (Ton of models)

The thread title has me a bit concerned. As it's got 'package' and 'channels' in one line.
Are you aware of what FTA will, and will not, get you in the way of 'channels' as there is no 'package' there? Except the glorystar & worldview FTA channels. After all, it is a hobby, not a 'true' source for 'packaged channels' 24/7/365.
For C Band I highly recommend a 7.5 to 10 foot dish. Bigger IS better. Many have 6's, many have moved 'up'.
Highly agree with wallyhts. Start off with a simple Ku system.
If it gets the juices flowing, add a Ku dish motor, then a C band BUD, then maybe adding some more.

Attachments

• Farm-fall-13.jpg
    Farm-fall-13.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 271
I agree to start off with just ku band, but I also want a system that will be upgradeable. Im interested in the av satellite microhd receiver. Can u guys tell me everything I will need to get started and the best place to get it?

Can u guys tell me everything I will need to get started
There's a bunch of people here to answer any questions.
I'd look over the FTA / MPEG2 FAQ's to 'get a handle' on basic programming essentials.
and the best place to get it
There's a few members that are dealers. (But don't have list @ this computer) There's also other reputable dealers, and some not so, just ask.

The best satellite for beginners is 97w Galaxy 19 it has at least 10 to 15 channels that are decent for FTA programming ku band.

Dan Rose

what channels are you looking for? you wont hardly see any premium channels or major cable channels as fta

Jumping in on the MicroHD here. I have one with a USB disk connected for DVR.
I’ve been using mine about a year I guess and it’s good stuff.

I’ve got one of the more unusual setups (mainly because I don’t know the rules and hook up stuff in crazy ways) and it’s been 100% reliable.

I’ve been through a number of tuner/DVR’s and had a lot of duds. The MicroHD has been the first and only one that’s been trouble free.
It’s very small, actually it’s ridiculously small which is a major plus. The price is right and the support is excellent.
You can find a lot of people on here that have and use them plus the company that designed, makes and sells them is present on this forum and very responsive and helpful.

The manual is very clear and straight forward, it’s written in REAL English and not the usual, useless Engrish..

You can’t go wrong. If you want reliable and well supported stuff, get a MicroHD.
It’s GOOD STUFF... :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)