Best Place to buy a DLP lamp these days?

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Well, the lamp on our Mitsubishi DLP (WD-57831) sh*t-the-bed yesterday so I am contemplating replacing the lamp or getting rid of the set altogether. Where is the best/cheapest place to buy replacement lamps these days (with housing since I don't have enough time to mess with the lamp only)?

We never fell in love with this set like we have with others so my asked told me to replace it with a new 65-70" set. This sounds like a great idea! Of course, since she is on a two-year leave of absence while pursuing for her Ph.D., and we're maintaining two homes, I don't need any major expenses at the moment...nor do I need to lug around another TV when we move in the summer. Anyway, I guess that we're looking for a "cheap" lamp to last us through the summer. Where's a good TV junkyard when you need one. :)

pureglare has been good to us and pricing is on par. but all are OEM with 90 day. If i had the chance i would get the bulb flip the set local and get me a new led

I decided to order a brand-new OEM equivalent (lamp w/ housing) from Amazon for under $60 including free shipping. I slapped it in and it's working as advertised. Just need it to work through June since we've decided to replace the set at a later time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)