Best place to buy quad shielded plenum grad RG6 cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
I am in the process of pre-wiring a new room at home and would like to know where is the best place to buy cable quad shielded plenum grad RG6 cable.

Thank you for your suggestions...

Why do you need Plenum Quad Shield? Good old RG-6 is plenty good. Can get it at any home depot.

FWIW, quad shield is a PITA to deal with as far as putting fittings on correctly and in most situations, is totally unnecessary. Unless you have some crazy fire codes in your house, plenum is another unnecessary cost too. Just my 2c.

Why do you need Plenum Quad Shield? Good old RG-6 is plenty good. Can get it at any home depot.

FWIW, quad shield is a PITA to deal with as far as putting fittings on correctly and in most situations, is totally unnecessary. Unless you have some crazy fire codes in your house, plenum is another unnecessary cost too. Just my 2c.

His location is California where there is crazy codes for everything.

Frank7004 said:
His location is California where there is crazy codes for everything.

Yeah but unless its out of the ordinary, regular RG6 shoukd be fine. I install in cali.

He probably just wants to over kill like my friend did.

He asked how an installer would hook up his gear, i told him how. So he went and bought quad shield cable and ran it himself.

I have never seen plenum used residentially, only on commercial installs because of the fire retardancy.

I second that . Plenum is over kill on your pocket unless your planing on burning down your house but want to watch tv at the same time..

POS CCS plenum the cable co uses is $200+
SC plenum is around $300(fell of a truck)-1200+ dual or quad
SC quad RG6 should be around $75-100 and would work well even if you have crap runs next to power or pushing 200'

Yeah but unless its out of the ordinary, regular RG6 shoukd be fine. I install in cali.

He probably just wants to over kill like my friend did.

He asked how an installer would hook up his gear, i told him how. So he went and bought quad shield cable and ran it himself.

You missed my sarcasm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)