best place to get a bulb

So I need to buy a replacement lamp for my 72" Samsung DLP. Looks like the original bulb was an Osram Neolux, according to samsungparts.com. Other sites I check state a Philips build is also OEM and seems to be a batter bulb. Worth the extra $30 for the Philips? Or should I stick with an Osram?

The Phillips bulbs in my Samsung DLPs have lasted 14000 hours in one and 12000 and still going in the other.

Wow. Picture was getting dark a couple of yrs ago on my set. Had an extended warranty. LE, ballast, and power supply were replaced around the same time. They ended up replacing the bulb as well. I kept the original. I suspect the replacement may not be an OEM bulb. Here it is 2 yrs later and set is starting to flicker and power cycle. On occasion, I get the 3 lights flashing on the front of the set, which is the bulb. Put the original back in, but it's a dark picture. For $87 with the housing, think I'll get the Philiips. Thanks.

I feel safer with the purchase directly from Epson...

Well, the replacement lamp I've purchased from Epson lasted only a year: less than 1000 hours! 984 hours to be precise. Not happy! It's supposed to last 4000 hours. Just replaced it again... :(

Well, the replacement lamp I've purchased from Epson lasted only a year: less than 1000 hours! 984 hours to be precise. Not happy! It's supposed to last 4000 hours. Just replaced it again... :(
Did you contact Epson? They have been very good with customer service.

I did. Lamps are not covered by the warranty unfortunately. However, the first two lamps (and the projector itself) have been replaced by Epson free of charge, so I don't think I can expect Epson to replace one more. Overall, I've been very happy with Epson and this projector. I am just frustrated about such a short life span of these lamps.

I did. Lamps are not covered by the warranty unfortunately. However, the first two lamps (and the projector itself) have been replaced by Epson free of charge, so I don't think I can expect Epson to replace one more. Overall, I've been very happy with Epson and this projector. I am just frustrated about such a short life span of these lamps.
I think its a crapshoot. My last bulb lasted 4250 hours.

My luck, I guess... $400/year just on lamps. If this one lasts less than 2000 hours again, the next one I will not be buying from Epson directly, but will look for cheaper alternatives.

Well, hopefully this new lamp lasts long enough for me to upgrade the projector to 4K. ;)

Hey guys a friends hd20 bulb blew last night and I wondered where the best place to get a bulb for it would be? I have never needed a bulb before so this is new territory....amazon has them for 153, think thats the best?

I usually buy from myprojectorlamps.ca out of Calgary AB

I found my original Mitsubishi HD1000 bulb, (had a fire recently) reading another thread makes me want to see if I can salvage the replacement out of he remains of that FPTV as I had the HC1500 stashed elsewhere... also might salvage bulb out of the melted remains of my Optima 3D FPTV.

I found my original Mitsubishi HD1000 bulb, (had a fire recently) reading another thread makes me want to see if I can salvage the replacement out of he remains of that FPTV as I had the HC1500 stashed elsewhere... also might salvage bulb out of the melted remains of my Optima 3D FPTV.
The HC1500 was the one in your camper?

I wonder about salvaging bulbs. The housing are obviously designed to get quite hot, so the bulb housing should survive. Just all that plastic melted around it might make it impossible to clean up.

Fingers crossed.

Scratch that
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1453930595.917762.jpg
mits on left, Optoma on right...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)