Best place to get a new Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
visiter555 ask "If I buy the Hopper can I do my own install?"
Can that be done, buy a hopper for example at dishdepot, install it (with all the switches and nodes) and then call dish just to activate it?

And How do you trade in with dishdepot.

Write an email to Mark at Dishdepot and ask him how much for your receiver towards the new hopper. He will answer back with the details and will send you a label with the new receiver or will email you the label . Yes you can install the hopper your self and call DISH to activate it. I did this myself last year .

Hopper prices for retailers went up $50 on this new promo.

Dish depot still has them for $199, I'm sure it won't stay that way long.

Better hurry before they change their prices.

I was in contact with one of the DIRT members looking to upgrade to Hopper, but I could not figure out how to record my programs and have independent viewing through the Hopper's main screen and a Joey, even with the OTA. Unfortunately, the Hopper/Joey would have been an extra $3/mo, and now it's even more.

So I thought about two Hoppers but then I wouldn't need the Joey. Has Dish relaxed their requirement about having at least one Joey per Hopper? I have no problem owning the Hoppers if it would let me have the two Hoppers and no Joeys. Of course, I'd be paying out the nose for the second Hopper, way more than the $7 for the Joey.

Of course, I don't know that I need four spare tuners for timers, but I can think of many times that one spare tuner won't be enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)