Best receiver available

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brandon Currin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Lexington, Tennessee
I've posted a few times here asking for this and that and being a total newbie... But now I'm getting into the art of the materials and need some honest advice.....

I'm supposed to be getting a BUD from a neighbor not sure the size or anything, until it's dug out of the storage building....

But my actual question is what is the beat FTA receiver I can get that will do C-band for now, plan to add a motor/actuator, and down the road ku-band dish with motor, so any opinions or personal experience with the best/easiest receiver for use and set up.. As well as best place to grab it short of Amazon and ebay.

Appreciate all the advice and help I've gotten so far.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using the SatelliteGuys app!

As of right now if I were to buy a new receiver with full NA(North American) support I would either get a Linkbox 9000i or a Manhattan DJ-1997 HD. Both can be bought from Hypermegasat.com.
Casey over at Hyper Mega Sat will treat you right if you have any issues.
There are cheaper receivers that members here have had good luck with from China and other places that are cheaper, and some from China with problems.
If your budget is real tight though you can try your luck with some of the ones out of China. Other members on the forum seem to have had some good luck with that one.
I do not own a V8 but you can read a review and responses here.

Reactions: Brandon Currin
best advice would be to read thru the forums to make your own informed decisions. there is a lot of info both here in main FTA forum and the FTA receiver support and FTA equipment reviews subforums.

Of the top of my head and in no particular order some but not all options include

Manhattan DJ-1997
Linkbox 9000i
Freesat V8
GEOSAT pro HDVR3500
Wetek Play 2
X2 Premium V

Appreciate the replies, I had been eyeing the Manhattan off Amazon, it was in a FTA satellite bundle, but I'd read some issues with it from others, on different sites.. I've scrolled through a bunch of pages here and short of the IPTV stuff being useless, the linkbox seems like the better choice from reading.. Appreciate the help, now just hoping that dish I'm supposed to get is actually what I need....

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts