best receiver for usals support

Status
Please reply by conversation.

krisman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
tn
am currently looking at traxis 3500 and coolsat 6000. which is better all around at supporting a sg 2100, and just an all around better receiver?

I have used a Coolsat 5000 for 3+ years now with a SG2100 and have no issues

The meter is weird but it works. Pansat would be my 2nd choice

thanks iceberg. i think i will go with the coolsat. i just hate having to drag my tv out everytime to check the sat. i heard the traxis had a beeper that was nice but also that they didnt have very good support

Krisman,

The Coolsat 5000 and 6000 both have a beeper so to speak. It is a function in menu options called "Beep on scan the signal" that you can turn on or off. It is a nice feature that gives an audible tone when you lock on a signal above 60% quality and beeps faster as the quality level increases.

well that does it then. now if i can get extremefta to exchange this sv 360, ill be in business

another consideration:

You should also ask: "which receivers have great switch support?"
It matters when you expand beyond the basic single 22khz or diseqc switch.

I believe the Coolsat 5000 and 6000 are very good, so no problem there. - :up

fortec mercury has great motor control, good current supply (ie motor turns fast) and excellent switch support (even supports uncommited diseqc)

The Pansat 3500 seems to do pretty well, nice loud tone for pointing and a good blind scan. The only issue I have had is once in a while on the blind scan it will hang on a particular transponder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.