Best route to AMC + ESPN + HBO?

rufwork

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Southeast US
So, I'd like to catch Mad Man, Game of Thrones, and the NBA playoffs.

I've got the Welcome Pack now (still a relative steal at $19.99) which, even though the programming page doesn't show it, has AMC. HBO almost doubles the price when I add it for $18. No ESPN, so that's out.

Dish America is the best deal running to add ESPN, and is $39.99. I could add HBO for $18, but I've lost AMC. I could "regain AMC" by going to iTunes for Mad Men in SD for $23 total. That's probably the winner, right?

Question: Does DA qualify for the half-price HBO deal? I got the email for the promo, but the Welcome Pack apparently doesn't qualify. :D

Lastly, I could grab 120 for $49, add HBO for $18 ($9?) and be done. I think. I don't get HD b/c I'm not on an HD for life deal, but otherwise, that's not that much worse than DA + iTunes.

Any slick way that I'm missing? Any opinion on what to sign up for? Anyone know the level when the HBO discount kicks in?

You can also add HBO a few months out of the year and use HBO GO to catch up on all the series you like then drop it again.

You can also add HBO a few months out of the year and use HBO GO to catch up on all the series you like then drop it again.

You know, I tried to figure HBO Go out last year during GoT, and I got the impression I didn't qualify. I wasn't able to log in using my Dish login and password. I keep thinking Welcome Pack subscribers get a sort of second rate treatment -- not that I blame them -- so I figured I didn't qualify.

I'll give that another shot if I sign up with just the WP again.

Not sure if they are still offering it but,you may be able to get a half off deal on hbo for 6mos.

rufwork, do you also get WE-TV on the welcome pack? I know it doesn't show it, but you say you still get it. I am curious if We is the same or not...

You know, I tried to figure HBO Go out last year during GoT, and I got the impression I didn't qualify. I wasn't able to log in using my Dish login and password. I keep thinking Welcome Pack subscribers get a sort of second rate treatment -- not that I blame them -- so I figured I didn't qualify.

I'll give that another shot if I sign up with just the WP again.

It should work for you as long as you are a sub to HBO. If you try it during a free preview it will not work. If it does not work, you should contact a member of DIRT to help fix your account.

It should work for you as long as you are a sub to HBO. If you try it during a free preview it will not work. If it does not work, you should contact a member of DIRT to help fix your account.

It actually worked during the last freeview. I was surprised and thought maybe I slipped through the cracks somehow from my previous HBO subscription. Those hopes were squashed late last week. :D

Had to resub for GOT.

It actually worked during the last freeview. I was surprised and thought maybe I slipped through the cracks somehow from my previous HBO subscription. Those hopes were squashed late last week. :D

Had to resub for GOT.

How long had it been since you cancelled? I was able to watch GO for about two months on Roku after cancelling mine.

I called last night around 8:30PM and asked if it was possible to get HBO half off for six months, the CSR said sure and added to my account for $9.00 a month for six months.

It varies for me. It does seem like it is about monthly, however I have not had to do it now for about three months and counting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)