best satellite for a pizza dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's it, Ice!

Fizzle should put the 18" on the chicken coop. I hear poultry love Channel 101, especially in color. It will go well with the fast internet.

And a mailbox.....hmmmm Foghorn Leghorn?

Last edited:
Call me crazy but whats the point of planting the grass when the wires aren't even buried by the dish? and the rest of the yard looks like uhh...... nevermind...I give up.

Call me crazy but whats the point of planting the grass when the wires aren't even buried by the dish? and the rest of the yard looks like uhh...... nevermind...I give up.

the rest of the yard looks nice that is just up to the junk pile and the burning barrels i give a video your sometime

im going to put a wood pole next to the dish about 6 foot away, and run wires to an acess box, then im going to trench them to the garage

That's it, Ice!

Fizzle should put the 18" on the chicken coop. I hear poultry love Channel 101, especially in color. It will go well with the fast internet.

And a mailbox.....hmmmm Foghorn Leghorn?

Good idea! :up

Looks to me like Fizzey is really into chick-flicks!!!... ;) and took it to a whole new level! :eek:

Where is the "No Fat Chicks" sign??? :D

When did Prime* have an analog receiver? All I ever saw was the 300 and 301....

it said it launched in 1991 and went digital in 1994, so there had to of been a analog box

PrimeStar launches first medium-powered Ku-band service, an analog offering with limited channels.

PrimeStar rolls out nationwide digital TV service via a medium-power Ku-Band satellite. The company ends 1994 with about 250,000 subscribers.

it also said c-band reached it peaked in 1995 with 2.4 million subscribers in 1995, in 1994 there were only 645,000 subs, so half of c band equipment is made in 1995!

it also said c-band reached it peaked in 1995 with 2.4 million subscribers in 1995, in 1994 there were only 645,000 subs, so half of c band equipment is made in 1995!

That would seem to be logical, but there is another reason why the numbers would suddenly increase from 1994 to 1995, and it is called the Videocipher II Plus.. The Videocipher II system had been hacked so badly that General Instrument was forced to introduce the new Videocipher II Plus system. The Videocipher II was phased out in 1993, and everybody was forced to get a new Videocipher II Plus decoder. Back in 1994 people here in Canada (and the US) were still using hacked Videocipher II boards to obtain some of the programming, but the codes were starting to change too frequently to be worth while trying to find and also to key in. Back in those days, there was no internet where hackers were sharing keys. People eventually gave up on their hacked boards and finally subscribed.

Anyways.. That's the reason I figure there is a big spike in C-Band subscribers in 1995. The video scrambling system was finally secured.

Getting back to the original post - what satellite to use a pizza dish on? I've found AMC4 @ 101 West to be pretty powerful. The 3ABN channels seem to be pumping out a lot of signal strength.

fizzle is that a chicken coop? what's all fenced in back there? Seriously, what is all in that pile? I see a trailer, a circuit board, cans, bottle, cedar edging? part of a chicken? Old AV receiver, car speaker?

You are looking at a security fence surrounding the world headquarters of Fizzle's business venture Skyvu INC! :D Hey, even Bill Gates had to start somewhere! ;)

Apparently when Fizzey had his breakdown not too long ago and whacked his BUD to pieces he did not stop there! :rolleyes: It looks like he took out his receiver and some other goodies which explains the electronics plus the cans and bottles help explain what fueled the rampage! ;) And it looks like they used to have at least 13 chickens!!!... :eek:

Fizzle said this about an 18" DirecTV dish:
i felt sorry for it, didnt want it to see it made into tin cans.
Fizzle said THIS about a 10ft C-band dish:
the dish is coming down in a half hour and is going to be tunred into pop cans
I guess that's part of "Fizzle's Law"???? :eek: (fizzle spelling/ lack of capitalization & punctuation left intact for authenticity)

Coming from you I am not surprised :D

originally it started as joke because I could get Doc Scott (when he was on 93W) and CCTV because they were so strong

AMC4 was for KUIL when they were Fox...now that they're not its not needd

AMC6 was basically on a "can you get anything on there"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts