Best satellites for my area....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wildeye

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I have a pansat 2700a and its slow as dirt when I'm blind scaning. I just wanted to know what are the best sats for my area to help save time? zip 33615

Sports feeds are mostly on SBS6 (74), AMC5 (79), AMC2 (85), IA8 (89)
News feeds are on AMC5 (79), IA8 (89) and IA6 (93)

Could you list how many tp your getting on each? I'm getting low numbers like sbs6 I get like 2 usable and amc 6 I only get 1.

Can't pickup any of the pbs channels on amc3. Is this normal?

In general I'm having problem getting anything above 12000mhz, what could this mean?

What kind of LNBF do you have? What does it say on it, any numbers?

If its a Standard the L.O. should be 10750

If its a Universal the L.O. should be 11250

Double check you have the L.O. set correctly for the LNBF you have!

I have a QUAD LNB POLOR LNBF. I had my setting at unversal 1. Now I'm trying univeral 2 on my 2700a

That HAS to be set at 10750 as the L.O. thats your problem :)

So linear side L.O. = 10750

Circular side L.O. = 11250

Change the L.O. then rescan the satellite, should get all the channels at exactly where they should be as posted in Lyngsat.com

Still no go with the INVACOM. Could it be an issue with the elevation?

10750 is defiantly the right L.O. for the linear side of the LNBF. Keep it there!

So you deleted all the channels from that satellite, changed to the correct L.O. then re-scanned.

Could be a pointing issue then, usually if you get one (weak) TP. peaked for signal all the rest will be there, they are all that the same elevation.

Well, since I've gotten the right lnb setup going I'm gettting more on my other sats. I've noticed if I tweek the setting by about .1+/- degress I get more hits. Just got done scanning that it .1- off. I'm watching the pbs now thax!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts