Best Set-up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robert_W

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
SE Iowa
This is my merchandise, Sonic View 360 Premier, Invacom QPH-031, Motec SG-2100 H-H, and a Fortec 90CM Dish.
I hope this works out for being a beginner.
I just did not like the 90CM Dish real flimpsy, but that might go away this summer!!!
I think I could have used the Dish network 500 dish.

Last edited:
True south, is where?

If My location is 91.75 degrees WEST, then I would look for a satellite that is at 91.75 degrees to get 'True South'?
This is true to someone in 123 Degrees West will shoot for 123 West 'Galaxy 10R (G18, now) to get there 'True South'?

That would be correct. Closest sat for you to true south is Nimiq 1 and Galaxy 17 at 91 West.

OK that is what I thought. I just started this, and just got my dish today. But ground is frozen to start anything.
I wonder if I could place this on a tri-pod till spring?

I was hoping

I thought that if you was at a certain degree that Satellite was at that degree would be true South.
I wonder if I could put everything on a tri-pod till spring? Stablize it with guide wires?

Fortec 90 CM,,, I notice it is pretty windy this year in my area!
Now I am getting excited. Especially if brentb636 has done a tri-pod mount!!!
Brent how long has it lasted you? Did you have strong winds too?

Last edited:
True South is your longitude.
Your 'true south' satellite is the one closest to that, in your case 91.
Tripods work fine for temp setups. Just make sure you anchor or weight it down.
Guy wires are one method for doing that. Just depends on your setup site and materials you have readily available.
Lot of folks try to do things using as little cash outflow as possible, so we "use what we got, or what we can get for nothin', or next to it"... ;)

yes, I think so

I don't know about that particular receiver.
But the LNB should be fine.
I have that dish (it is in our review section),and it seems fine.
The motor is a 50/50 thing... some have had great luck with 'em, and some have had a bit of trouble.

A Dish 500 won't do squat for you...not for true FTA.

Robert_W,

Visit the recent thread in this section started by Krisman, titled "Problem with new setup, please help". He purchased the same dish, motor and receiver. You can get some good install advice by reviewing the thread.

I think I found it there.
But still was not much to look upon to help.
Extreme FTA is where I bought the 90cm.

I think I found it there.
But still was not much to look upon to help.
Extreme FTA is where I bought the 90cm.

Can you post a picture of your assembled dish ? We could look at it for obvious flaws. The most common problem has been putting the dish elevation mount upside down. :)
The elevation scale needs to be a U-shaped ( smiley) not an upside down "U" .

I will have to inset a image later.
And maybe I can see if I assembled the Fortec 90 cm right. Along with the SG-2100 H-H motor.
Yes when I mount the tri-pod assembly, I will weigh it down, to hold the dish still!!! I HOPE!!!
That will frustrate me if it hits the ground hard and warp that flimsy dish.
I am a Iron worker, I could make my own dish, v.v. good possibility.Again buy more stuff!!! :(

did some housekeeping

threadjacking is when there is a thread going for problem solving (as in helping another member getting his system up) and a newbie inserts their post in asking for the same thing (hijacking a thread) . Better to start your own thread (normally its called "thread crapping" but I call it threadjacking)

I also merged your three threads into one. Please keep the topic of setting up your system in one thread. Easier to follow

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts