Best single satellite for spanish programs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmic Thing

Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
What would be the best single Ku satellite to use for spanish programs? I have Univision and Telemundo on cable but I am not too crazy about the programming on these channels. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi There
The most spanish languages sat used is Hispasat 30W. There is no Univision or telemundo in here but there is 30 or plus spanish channels from Cuba, Colombia, Uruguay and Spain. Almost nothing is KU anymore. Mostly occasional Feeds. I still get only one Azteca 13 channel at G23 95W. There is a V-Me in spanish and some PBS feeds with Dual Languages in AMC 21 125W. I recall a telemundo Ktel in some other sat but other than that there isnt much out there in KU. If you change or get a C band system then there will be plenty of sat with spanish language. Regards,

too bad you are limited to Ku-band. C-band is a spanish speakers playground on both satmex sats. Always fun to watch a lady in a bikini read to kids or ladys dressed as ***** with a lot of skin showing in a entertainment or variety type show.

On Hispasat 30W there are in addition to the Cuban, Uruguayan, Colombian and Spain channels that Carlos mentioned, a few channels from Argentina, recently an Iranian channel in spanish was launched (HispanTV),

30w often shows american movies with spanish subtitles.
Or old american tv shows no commercials with spanish subtitles.

It may be helpful to find out the posters location. I live in the west and have a 10,500' mountain to the east so 30W unfortunately is not an option for me. Anyone east of the Mississippi should be fine as long as trees or other line of sight issues are surveyed first.

best single Ku satellite to use for spanish programs? .
Probably a Satmex if you can get the signal. In the great white north near the pacific I can get strong signals on the following

93W Azteca plenty of novelas and futbol and of course the morning news
97W Telesur a good news channels
125W Vme cooking and travel (PBS type stuff)

C- band rocks but I am not far enough east to get the really good stuff

Thanks for the suggestions. I live in SW Georgia at 84 West. 30 West might be a problem as I am somewhat tree-challenged at this location. I do have a large Primestar dish to work with so I will give it a try.

As you can tell from the earlier posts, there really is not a Spanish language loaded satellite in the ku band but there are options on several satellites. If you cannot score a c-band dish, then I would suggest you mototize your dish so you can take advantage of as many of the different satellite options that your los allows. It is not that hard to do, just take your time to set it up and ask questions, people here are more than willing to help.
Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts