Best video file format

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I know it does not like the MACS .MOV files as I just got the HR20 to see my Macbook Pro a few moments ago and all the .MOV files have red X's next to the movie names.

Tversity and you can play pretty much anything, including MOV files. Streaming from a Mac isn't supported but there is some software for the Mac that I think works. I know there is a thread on it on DBSTalk from a few months ago where Mac guys got the media share to work (but no video).

MPEG2 is the only supported format. Others need to be converted or transcoded. Video (as well as music and pictures) from Macs will work with either EyeConnect or Twonky. EyeConnect will directly stream videos recorded using EyeTV. I have both of these on my G4 PPC Mini. Both have a 30-day trial period before you have to register, but EyeConnect will stream audio only beyond that period without registering. Getting the audio track of a video to work can be an issue at times.

I am using Eyecandy on my Mac, but still can not play .mov files from my mac (although all my videos on my mac are HD videos that I made myself) :D