Incompatible video signal

jayward11

Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
I have a sharp 52" lcd tv that supports 1080p. It works fine with hd dvd and plays it at 1080p. But when i try Directv 1080p movies it says it is an incompatible video signal has been recieved and then says this tv does not support directv's 1080p broadcast. does anyone have any idea why it will support 1080p on dvd but nor directv.
Thanks
jay

me,you and many others are in the same boat. your 1080p tv doesn't do 24hz like mine. We need a 1080p/60 signal which the HD DVR boxes for D and E are incapable of displaying. we need to wait for the Dtivo.

me,you and many others are in the same boat. your 1080p tv doesn't do 24hz like mine. We need a 1080p/60 signal which the HD DVR boxes for D and E are incapable of displaying. we need to wait for the Dtivo.

Or possibly another upgrade.
We never thought that the boxes would do 1080p at all when we started, but NOW it does :)

Jimbo

Or possibly another upgrade.
We never thought that the boxes would do 1080p at all when we started, but NOW it does :)

Jimbo

this has been my wish my hope but every time i mention it i get chewed up. i was pretty confident they would do 1080p since i had a similar experience with the xbox360 which only needed a software update to do 1080p and by the way it does it at 60hz. People seem pretty confident that the HRxx-xxx won't do this at 60hz but then again some told me i was crazy believing that the only thing our dvr's needed was a software update to display 1080p. we'll see i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts