Best Way & Suggestions - Signing Up With DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dangerousdave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
I am going to sign up with DISH.

• I have a 2 year old 42" EDTV Panasonic Plasma TV with HDMI input which I believe is 480P. I can not afford to upgrade to full 1080P at this time.
  • Watching from a distance of 8-10 feet.
  • I love MLB, NHL & football (college & pro)
  • Have not been a subscriber to DISH since 2004
I am going to need one dual tuner receiver with one tuner being HD, perhaps the 722. I could "get by" with the top 200 package although I would like to have the Versus network which is only on the 250 package to get NHL games. It appears that the bronze HD package would be enough for me. Perhaps I could get the top 200 package and the gold HD package which includes Versus HD.

Is there a "best" way to sign up, phone or online?
Any tips for discounts or suggestions for what to ask for when signing up?
Perhaps use the Dishstore.net ad link on satelliteguys?
Thanks

Last edited:
Is there a "best" way to sign up, phone or online?
It is probably best to call voice and order. Must less uncertainty about getting what you need/want.

EDTV is typically 480P, not 720P. As long as the TV has a component, DVI or HDMI input that can handle at least 1080i, you should be okay. If it has only composite and S-VHS inputs only you need to think seriously about an SD receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts