Best way to connect receiver to Internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

txfeinbergs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Guys, I am currently connected to the Internet through the DECA boxes. I have an HR44 receiver and it takes forever to download a show via the on demand feature. I believe there are two other methods to connect the receiver as well i.e. direct Ethernet connection, and a Wireless Cinema Kit. I believe the DECA kits only connect at 100 Mbit/sec.

Which ones provides the fastest connect (assuming I have more than a fast enough Internet service i.e. 200 down / 25 up and a top end Wireless Router) (and will it make a real world difference?)

Thanks!

I should mention that I do have two other mini clients on the DECA network (but I think they would still work if I connected the HR44 directly to the internet right?

My HR44 has it's own wifi and it works fine on my 100/10 cable internet service.
Thing I dont like about it is....every time I have to reboot my system I have to go through the setup processes each time!!!! STUPID

Does a power failure require you to have to re-enter your data as well? I just got done yanking all of the DECA connections and connecting via wireless. I had no idea there was actually a WIFI modem in the HR44 and ordered the Wireless Cinema kit. Guess I can send that back now (thanks Gadgtfreek for that knowledge).. The problem is I still can't actually download Outlander Season 2, or The Last Ship Episode 5. I keep getting a Sorry, we can't connect to DirecTV, please try again later.

Odd, I haven't noticed that issue, mine seems to reconnect on it's own.

Since I got my cable internet setup a week or so ago, and connected the HR44 to wifi, I downloaded all of season one of Ash (Starz ondemand) and Kingdom season 2.

Now if I go to the bedroom HR24 which I have no connected to anything and try to download VOD, I get the "Sorry, we can't connect to DirecTV, please try again later".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)