Best way to connect receiver to Internet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

txfeinbergs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Guys, I am currently connected to the Internet through the DECA boxes. I have an HR44 receiver and it takes forever to download a show via the on demand feature. I believe there are two other methods to connect the receiver as well i.e. direct Ethernet connection, and a Wireless Cinema Kit. I believe the DECA kits only connect at 100 Mbit/sec.

Which ones provides the fastest connect (assuming I have more than a fast enough Internet service i.e. 200 down / 25 up and a top end Wireless Router) (and will it make a real world difference?)

Thanks!

I should mention that I do have two other mini clients on the DECA network (but I think they would still work if I connected the HR44 directly to the internet right?

My HR44 has it's own wifi and it works fine on my 100/10 cable internet service.
Thing I dont like about it is....every time I have to reboot my system I have to go through the setup processes each time!!!! STUPID

Does a power failure require you to have to re-enter your data as well? I just got done yanking all of the DECA connections and connecting via wireless. I had no idea there was actually a WIFI modem in the HR44 and ordered the Wireless Cinema kit. Guess I can send that back now (thanks Gadgtfreek for that knowledge).. The problem is I still can't actually download Outlander Season 2, or The Last Ship Episode 5. I keep getting a Sorry, we can't connect to DirecTV, please try again later.

Odd, I haven't noticed that issue, mine seems to reconnect on it's own.

Since I got my cable internet setup a week or so ago, and connected the HR44 to wifi, I downloaded all of season one of Ash (Starz ondemand) and Kingdom season 2.

Now if I go to the bedroom HR24 which I have no connected to anything and try to download VOD, I get the "Sorry, we can't connect to DirecTV, please try again later".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)