Best way to get Direct TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sponge14

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Hi all... This is my first post here, and I was hoping to get some help. I searched around a bit, but couldnt get an answer...

I am looking to switch from Dish to Direct. I went to DTV's site and did their little programming/equipment selector. With Dish I have 4 TVs, on 2 Dual tuners (a 522 and a 322) I need the same on Direct, 4 tvs (I dont care if they are 2 dual or 4 single tuners, as long as I dont get hit with 4 lease fees.) I setup the equipment as I want it: 1 TV with HD DVR, and 3 regular DVRs (it looks like the regular dvrs are supposed to be free, but their site is charging $100 per.) Anyways, the upfront cost was almost $500 and the monthly was at $95 before taxes. This seems like its way too high.

Can anyone recommend to me the best way to get the equipment for free? When I signed up for Dish, I got everything including installation for free. Is it better to go to Direct TV directly, or to go through a re-seller (and which one if you say re-seller)

I want to save money preferably, but breaking out even to Dish is okay too. My biggest concern is HD content for my new plasma TV, and it seems like Direct TV is the best HD provider around. Is this true?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Call DirecTV and just ask them. You can say you want to upgrade to HD and as a E* customer you can get a free HD DVR. You'd like to switch to DirecTV but have a problem with the high up front costs, is there anything they can do to help soften the blow, you might just get a good deal. You never know until you try, but if you do get one make sure you get the agents name and ID number so in case there's any issues you can say this is who you talked to.

If you have 4 TV's with 4 receivers, you will be paying for 3 lease fees (the first one is included in your base package cost). If you want multiple TV's on the same receiver, that can be done with a couple of caveats. The first is that the TV's will always be on the same channel. The second is that you will be paying the installer some custom labor charges.

I just call Direct and signed up. I will still have Dish, so I feel like I have the best of both worlds. I got the Hd dvr for $99. I will have only one tv hooked up to Direct. I got $200 dollar back on programming also.

Hi all... This is my first post here, and I was hoping to get some help. I searched around a bit, but couldnt get an answer...

I am looking to switch from Dish to Direct. I went to DTV's site and did their little programming/equipment selector. With Dish I have 4 TVs, on 2 Dual tuners (a 522 and a 322) I need the same on Direct, 4 tvs (I dont care if they are 2 dual or 4 single tuners, as long as I dont get hit with 4 lease fees.) I setup the equipment as I want it: 1 TV with HD DVR, and 3 regular DVRs (it looks like the regular dvrs are supposed to be free, but their site is charging $100 per.) Anyways, the upfront cost was almost $500 and the monthly was at $95 before taxes. This seems like its way too high.

Can anyone recommend to me the best way to get the equipment for free? When I signed up for Dish, I got everything including installation for free. Is it better to go to Direct TV directly, or to go through a re-seller (and which one if you say re-seller)

I want to save money preferably, but breaking out even to Dish is okay too. My biggest concern is HD content for my new plasma TV, and it seems like Direct TV is the best HD provider around. Is this true?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Unfortunately there is no way to avoid the upfront fee as a new D* sub at this time. Many existing D* subs like to tell you otherwise because they had gotten free HDDVR upgrade before, but no, not for new subs at this time.

The standard D* DVR costs $99, the cost of HDDVR will go down to $199 soon, with $100 rebate the first one will be $99. You will have to pay the 2nd, 3rd,... without any more rebate.

The best programming discount now is $20/mo. off for 12 months, and if you ask the sales agent he/she will throw in another $100 one-time programming credit, and if you can do a friends referral deal you can get another $50 back ($5/mo. for 10 months) and your friend will get the same back on his/her bills.

That is the best so far for a new sub.

I agree with tigerfan33 if you only need one HDDVR it is a great time to go D*. But needing four DVR's will cost you.

As I said, call and ask since some folks do get deals, see http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/119352-dish-direct-why-both.html#post1180782 for on that recently got one.

The same poster just posted here also, his $99 was probably after the $100 rebate and another $100 one-time programming credit, as I described.

Keep in mind the OP needs 4 DVR's. I did say if you only need one HDDVR receiver it is practically free, but not 4 DVR's because there is no more rebate after the 1st receiver.

Believe me I have called, and I have not seen anyone posting a deal better than I described so far.

The same poster just posted here also, his $99 was probably after the $100 rebate and another $100 one-time programming credit, as I described.

Keep in mind the OP needs 4 DVR's. I did say if you only need one HDDVR receiver it is practically free, but not 4 DVR's because there is no more rebate after the 1st receiver.

Believe me I have called, and I have not seen anyone posting a deal better than I described so far.

The OP said all he had done was look at the internet for pricing, I say to call and talk to someone to get a better deal then that,m which others have reported, that's all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)