Best way to hook-up my laptop to my TV??

hdqboss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
NE Ohio
Merry Christmas to all....

I want to hook-up my Dell laptop to my Sony KDS-60A2000 TV. My plan is to use my Creative X-FI Xtreme Audio Notebook card to run the audio to my a/v receiver. The laptop has a S-Video TV-out connector which the TV can accomodate. Is the best video option to run the S-Video cable directly to the TV? Is there an advantage to using a component video adapter between the laptop and TV. Are there other - better options? :confused:

Thanks,

No, don't use S-video connection at all! This is a very low (SD) quality port. You won't be able to read anything.
You need to use a higher quality video connection. The Sony KDS-60A2000 has a VGA port. Most Dell laptops have it too. So, use that instead!

Agree with Ilya. I have an XPS M1210 that I use when traveling. I also have a small DELL DLP projector that I connect with the VGA connection and I can display HDTV through that. It doesn't get any better quality unless you have a laptop with HDMI output. I also have the SVHS adapter cable too. This is a useful adapter to have in your travel kit when the hotel walls won't work for the adapter and the TV has a video/audio input. When this happens I usually connect the composite or Y/C cable up and watch DVD's played on the laptop and watched on the TV monitor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts