Best way to order service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brew

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
South Louisiana
I see the real old sticky on waiting, but that has obviously not up to date. Sadly I'm going to have to give up my E* 622 and order D* when I move. Up until now I've either been in an area where E* didn't have HD locals or was under contract with E* when D* added them. Since I'm moving back to the New Orleans area, I'm not under contract anymore, and D* has HD locals in the area now, it looks like time to switch. It appears to me after searching around for a few days that most everyone has the same deal, and you have to deal with D* for the install no matter what? Is that true? Due to high start up cost with D*, I'm really more focused on the install than the equipment, although I don't want to pass up an oportunity to knock some $$$ of there.

I currently have 2 HD tv's and 2 SD tv's. Due to initial equipment costs I will go with one HD-DVR, one HD receiver, and 2 SD receivers. But I will upgrade at least the other HD receiver to a DVR in the next year, and probably at least one of the SD tv's to DVR shortly. It's a one year old house with cable company wiring run to each of the spots I want to put tv's, but one of them will get used by the cable company for internet, and as I understand it I need two runs to each location that might get a DVR. Is that correct?

The real questions in all of this:

1. Does is matter who I get the equipment from? I want the HR20-700 from what I've read, and my best chance of finding one of those might be walking into somewhere.

2. What do I have to do to make sure I get more than the free install when ordering and who do I order from? I know I'm going to have at least 2-3 wall fishes, and I don't mind paying for them. I just don't want them to show up and say they can't install since it's more than whats on the work order.

Do you have a problem with calling D* for your equipment ?
They are your best bet to get a deal ...
As you say, get the one HR DVR HR20 now, and what ever others you need to get by. After 6 months D* will give you another discount on Advanced equipment (DVR, HD) .
I would call them and tell them you are moving from DISH to D and tell them what you need and see what they can do for you.

Someone posted that as of Jan (I don't remember the exact date) the HD DVR's will be dropping in price to $ 199.
When I got my first one it was $399.
The SD ones should be pretty cheap.
You will NOT get anythign other than standard prices from a local place, BB , CC ect.

Jimbo

calling dtv

HR20-700

from all i read before getting 2 HR20-100's these were a bit more stable.

have had one about 2 weeks no trouble so far.

calling dtv would get you the best deal and a free install.
but they most likely do not have any of the hr20's only hr21.

i got the HR20-100's for the ota hdtv.

I see the real old sticky on waiting, but that has obviously not up to date. Sadly I'm going to have to give up my E* 622 and order D* when I move. Up until now I've either been in an area where E* didn't have HD locals or was under contract with E* when D* added them. Since I'm moving back to the New Orleans area, I'm not under contract anymore, and D* has HD locals in the area now, it looks like time to switch. It appears to me after searching around for a few days that most everyone has the same deal, and you have to deal with D* for the install no matter what? Is that true? Due to high start up cost with D*, I'm really more focused on the install than the equipment, although I don't want to pass up an oportunity to knock some $$$ of there.

I currently have 2 HD tv's and 2 SD tv's. Due to initial equipment costs I will go with one HD-DVR, one HD receiver, and 2 SD receivers. But I will upgrade at least the other HD receiver to a DVR in the next year, and probably at least one of the SD tv's to DVR shortly. It's a one year old house with cable company wiring run to each of the spots I want to put tv's, but one of them will get used by the cable company for internet, and as I understand it I need two runs to each location that might get a DVR. Is that correct?

The real questions in all of this:

1. Does is matter who I get the equipment from? I want the HR20-700 from what I've read, and my best chance of finding one of those might be walking into somewhere.

2. What do I have to do to make sure I get more than the free install when ordering and who do I order from? I know I'm going to have at least 2-3 wall fishes, and I don't mind paying for them. I just don't want them to show up and say they can't install since it's more than whats on the work order.

HR20-700

from all i read before getting 2 HR20-100's these were a bit more stable.

have had one about 2 weeks no trouble so far.

calling dtv would get you the best deal and a free install.
but they most likely do not have any of the hr20's only hr21.

i got the HR20-100's for the ota hdtv.

As for NOT getting the HR20-700,-100's thats not nessasarily true, from the HD support person I spoke with the other day, said that you can get them.
IF you tell them you have a need for the OTA portion, you will get one and also if you need a replacement and it already is a -700 or -100 you will get the same style as a replacement.

Jimbo

I did a test call to see what I could get last night, and got the same pricing I was seeing online and in the stores. I think I'm going to go with BB. That will let me get installed sooner, and with their price guarantee, I can still get the $100 back when that goes into effect. I swung by the local BB, and they had 1 HR20-100 and the rest were HR21's. I'll be down where my new house is saturday, and I'll see what the store down there has in stock. I'll try and call one more time to see if CSR roulette works as well with D* as it does with E*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts