Best way to program/edit AZBox Premium Plus

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I just got my AZBox Premium Plus yesterday. I have been impressed with it so far. I had been using the Manhattan, which I will now use for Ku only. The AZBox is a bit slower at changing channels and blind scanning, but it seems to "lock" on to channels that have a marginal signal level better. Anyway, I notice that it is kind of cumbersome to try and edit channels and add transponders. Is the best way to do this on a computer and send it to the AZBox over the network? Can I load channel/satellite maps to it and just have it go and tune what has been loaded, or does it need to scan the satellite first? Also, I don't suppose that the utilities that you use on the computer are compatable with Mac OSX? I am a Mac only user at home, so if they want work with Mac OSX, I will have to go and pick up a copy of Windows. All suggestions and help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I thought this was a sticky:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-d...north-americanize-your-azbox.html#post2355150

I use ACC to pull/ send to the Azbox. I use Maz3 to edit. Maz can pull/send but has been known to corrupt channel list and diseqc settings. ACC also does a complete job rewriting the sat list whereas Maz will allow settings from an internal backup to overwrite your new list.

I'm on a MAC too! Parallels or some equivalent will be needed. virtualbox.org is open source, but I haven't tried it. If you have an Intel Mac you could set up a dual boot partition with windoz.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. Since I have an Intel Mac, I will get a copy if windoze and do a dual boot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)